Nitro's recent situation

Yep, for civillian use, before getting into military style...
Still classified as "SPORT" and the shells cost $40+ each...whew.

Ahahaha... I balk at paying $20 for a box of 50 .38 specials, I couldn't imagine paying $40 for a single shot.

Too much, in my opinion.

Ahahaha... I balk at paying $20 for a box of 50 .38 specials, I couldn't imagine paying $40 for a single shot.

Too much, in my opinion.

Yeah, I know what you mean, thats why I buy mine in bulk, over 900 rounds of 9mm for $60
visit369.jpg

visit357.jpg

I own many guns, and I practice often. I feel very confident in my ability to hit a target; however, because I havetwo children , I keep my guns locked in a safe. I always worry since then that if I truly needed my gun in a life or death situation, it would take too long to get to it. A year ago this was confirmed. My daughter was outside feeding the chickens. We had had a huge male mountain lion sighting about two week before. I'm in the kitchen and I hear my daughter screaming as loud as she can. Right away I take off towards my bedroom to grab my gun, as I fear the mountain lion is outside and I need to protect my daughter. One step to the bedroom and I realized it ould take too long to get to the gun. So I grabbed a butcher knife and ran for my daughter. It turned out to be only a cyote who I was easily able to scare off. But my point is, having a gun in a safe really doesn't do much for you when you need it right that second. I am between a rock and a hard place: can't keep a gun unlocked with children around, and can't get to my gunoin time if I need it.

I own many guns, and I practice often. I feel very confident in my ability to hit a target; however, because I havetwo children , I keep my guns locked in a safe. I always worry since then that if I truly needed my gun in a life or death situation, it would take too long to get to it. A year ago this was confirmed. My daughter was outside feeding the chickens. We had had a huge male mountain lion sighting about two week before. I'm in the kitchen and I hear my daughter screaming as loud as she can. Right away I take off towards my bedroom to grab my gun, as I fear the mountain lion is outside and I need to protect my daughter. One step to the bedroom and I realized it ould take too long to get to the gun. So I grabbed a butcher knife and ran for my daughter. It turned out to be only a cyote who I was easily able to scare off. But my point is, having a gun in a safe really doesn't do much for you when you need it right that second. I am between a rock and a hard place: can't keep a gun unlocked with children around, and can't get to my gunoin time if I need it.

I don't know if you've considered this an option, but if you've got a handgun, you can always home carry. I've got a revolver that I slip in my pocket when I get up in the morning, even if I'm not planning on going anywhere. You never know when it actually might be a mountain lion, or a burglar, or whatever. This way, you've got protection immediately accessible to you, and you know exactly where it is, and that somebody won't get to it and cause an accident.

You can carry in the privacy of your home/property. Find someplace inconspicious to hide it if needs be (top of book case/cabnets) that kids cant see or reach. A buddy I have keeps one behind a sofa in a special flap he sewed in with a zipper that no one knows about (kids) you have to pull the sofa away from the wall to get to it... just some ideas, even hollow out a book and hide on a shelf, inside a jar on the counter with fake flowers....anything to make it accessable but yet hidden from view.

Carrying it is the best but they also make quick access safes that are pretty small. You could have one mounted just inside a closet by the door. As I'm sure you know you can't hide anything from kids long so I advise against that.

Carrying it is the best but they also make quick access safes that are pretty small. You could have one mounted just inside a closet by the door. As I'm sure you know you can't hide anything from kids long so I advise against that.

Yes after the incident, my husband looked into a few fast release gun safes. One Iliked the best was bullet proof , so you could keep a hand gun loaded in it. It was a small box with a mounting system so you could put it somewhere accessible. It opened by finger print in a second. It was expensive, but I think it'd be worth the money. Traditional safes take too long to open with keys!

Yes after the incident, my husband looked into a few fast release gun safes. One Iliked the best was bullet proof , so you could keep a hand gun loaded in it. It was a small box with a mounting system so you could put it somewhere accessible. It opened by finger print in a second. It was expensive, but I think it'd be worth the money. Traditional safes take too long to open with keys!

A good safe isn't just a purchase, it's a life-long investment.

Keep the hand guns safely locked away. Look into the idea of having a good varmint rifle.

I don't think a gun safe w/ fingerprint is good idea. I can see bunch of things go wrong. I'd prefer this one -

images

pistol-safe.jpg

I don't think a gun safe w/ fingerprint is good idea. I can see bunch of things go wrong. I'd prefer this one -

Don't worry, the thief most likely will just drag your body close to the safe and use your finger.... instead of torturing you for an hour before chopping your hand off in order to open it. (that usually only happens in Mexico or in the movies).....

It is an inescapable fact that the main source of handguns for criminals is the people they steal them from.

So this one you have to use finger and then key? Or you can use one or the other? I feel like key takes too long. And what if you don't have your key on you at all times. At least I have my finger prints on me at all times. :dunno:

images

pistol-safe.jpg

I hear ya. I realize that no system is perfect. I just think that my current system could be improved. There is no fool proof system. At the end of they day, the outcome will depend on the factors you are given in that situation. I just want to give myself the best possible chance.

Don't worry, the thief most likely will just drag your body close to the safe and use your finger.... instead of torturing you for an hour before chopping your hand off in order to open it. (that usually only happens in Mexico or in the movies).....

So this one you have to use finger and then key? Or you can use one or the other? I feel like key takes too long. And what if you don't have your key on you at all times. At least I have my finger prints on me at all times. :dunno:

there are 3 ways to open it - fingerprinter or key or keypad.

Back