Nintendo DS live videos...come see them...if you care.

Steel X

Reaction score
I've even seen a ten mintue video from gamespot.com about Nintendo's next handheld system the DS...and frankly enough...I will not tell you a lie.

I....HATE....IT!

why? I'll tell you why! and it's not because the DS is big and bulky...but it's just that I dont really see a point of a handheld system requiring to have two screens in one and even an electric pen to point and click and stuff like that... it seems that you have to use the electric pen in most games that you play...and I didn't like the idea. I'm pretty much used to using the D-button and action buttons, thank you very much.

the graphics are pretty good to look at, though it's similar to the gamecube's graphics but more of the N64-kind.

In some videos that I seen, a dude was playing a Metroid title for the DS and you have to use the electric pen to fire...not the buttons. I didn't like that.

and the Sonic game from Sega, where you have to "scrabble" the pen as fast as you can as compared to Sonic's speed in the game...I didn't like that either.

I guess I'm not very impressed with the design and the plans that Nintendo makes...damn what's the fuck is wrong with them? everything was going well with Nintendo during the N64 days and then when the 128 console war begin, and the PS2 and Xbox both have ablities to play DVDs and CDs, etc...and Nintendo GameCube only play games...what's the fuck!?!? certainly games are important, but we always like to do something else than just play games, right? I mean, I love watching movies too so I want to watch a movie on my videogame system as well. and Nintendo was too igorant and pathetic to realize that. Nintendo didn't do too well with the online service plans like Sony and Microsoft did...because Nintendo thinks that gamers aren't interested in online gaming..but EXCUSE ME?!?! if it's true that gamers aren't interested in online gaming, then why is Xbox live so fucking popular that over 1 millions are subcribled online around the world for xbox live? pffft please Nintendo...don't you even have eyes and ears?!?! Sony is still trying hard to improve the online gaming service...only afew games like Socom were popular for the Playstation 2 online gaming and Xbox has so many and Xbox live users are going bonkers over Halo 2 which will go live on Xbox live when it's released sometime. *sigh* poor Nintendo...they are losing my interest in them.

Oh well...that's why I said I chose the PSP over the DS because you dont need the electric pen to do some weird shit on it...just use the D-button and action buttons like a NORMAL gamer...plus play DVDs and CDs as well...and the DS would only play JUST games...

way to go, Nintendo! a way to make lame shit to your gamers! :roll:

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/action/dsmetroidprimehunters/media.html?gcst=nintendo_e3pc2004.asx

Virtual Boy 2

Woah! talk about junk for bucks!

The ideas are just like those that "sound" great at the time... but don't work out in real life.

The pen for GAME control in Metroid looks TERRIBLE!

And how can you HOLD the game AND use the the D pad AND use the pen!!!!

These guys are on crack!

I think 1 bigger screen with good 3D would have worked better.

johnesco said:
And how can you HOLD the game AND use the the D pad AND use the pen!!!!

Are you left-handed?

Because if you weren't able to hold the handheld system, using the D-Pad and the pen all at once, you would be left-handed.

Most people are right-handed and you should be able to use your left hand to use the D-Pad while you use the pen in your right hand. Like I usually tell people, wait till you get your hands on it in order to make your final judgment.

Gotta give it a try, you know. They may surprise you.

I agree. It's nice to have two screens... but what's the point. It's like giving us more that we don't really need. I'm already satisfied with the Gamecube version that includes the overhead map on the corner of the screen. The Nintendo DS is like an improved version of the N64... that we don't need. What Nintendo really needs to do is make their future consoles backwards compatible. That means, the next Nintendo console that can play Gamecube games and possibly Nintendo 64 games. That's one thing I like about Playstation 2. :)

VamPyroX said:
I agree. It's nice to have two screens... but what's the point. It's like giving us more that we don't really need. I'm already satisfied with the Gamecube version that includes the overhead map on the corner of the screen. The Nintendo DS is like an improved version of the N64... that we don't need. What Nintendo really needs to do is make their future consoles backwards compatible. That means, the next Nintendo console that can play Gamecube games and possibly Nintendo 64 games. That's one thing I like about Playstation 2. :)
agreed with Vampy there.

Here's the perfectage of games that gamers are so cocky over :

Advance Wars DS 1002 (11%)
Animal Crossing DS 587 (6%)
Feel the Magic: XY/XX 132 (1%)
Final Fantasy III 2824 (31%)
Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt 1796 (19%)
Rayman DS 62 (0%)
Ridge Racer DS 105 (1%)
Super Mario 64 DS 1867 (20%)
WarioWare Inc. DS 253 (2%)
Other 421 (4%)

seems that Final Fantasy wins the bet...

Steel said:
Here's the perfectage of games that gamers are so cocky over :

Advance Wars DS 1002 (11%)
Animal Crossing DS 587 (6%)
Feel the Magic: XY/XX 132 (1%)
Final Fantasy III 2824 (31%)
Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt 1796 (19%)
Rayman DS 62 (0%)
Ridge Racer DS 105 (1%)
Super Mario 64 DS 1867 (20%)
WarioWare Inc. DS 253 (2%)
Other 421 (4%)

seems that Final Fantasy wins the bet...
The only games that seem a bit appealing to me are Metroid and Super Mario.

Metroid games is reason why I support Nintendo in 100%. Hope Nintendo DS be successful one not become history like Virtual Boy.
But I'll wait a little to see if Nintendo changed their minds about designs like GBA SP or release more in different colors/themes. I perfer classic NES skin like GBA SP released in June. I own it. :twisted:

Last edited:
Steel said:
so what if the pen got lost!?!!? there should be a cord connected from the pen to the Nintendo DS lol

It's your responsiblity to take care of it. There's a place for you to put the pen on the Nintendo DS.

Otherwise, you can keep it up your ass.

Banjo said:
It's your responsiblity to take care of it. There's a place for you to put the pen on the Nintendo DS.

Otherwise, you can keep it up your ass.
I rather get a handheld console that doesn't require a pen than a handheld console that does require the pen, thank you very much.

and I do meant the PSP! :P yuk yuk yuk

Back