night photography

Are they real pictures?

Yes they are real pictures. I have seen the Denver metro light glow from Starrygaze's front porch. Also I have been to Terry Ranch and there are wind mills there and everything else.

These picture are real! I bet freakcat knows the place when she was with with me.

Starrygaze is right. I know the places as I have been there before with starrygaze when I was on vacation in Wyoming for almost 2 months and few weeks. :giggle:

It is beautiful places.. but so barren.. no trees? LOL.. i am not used to that as I am used to seeing trees everywhere like Arkansas :)

He is lucky that he got a good place to live especially I guess that it is a peaceful place. I wonder if he has an expensive mirror telescope like Celestron, Orion, Leade, etc.

He is lucky that he got a good place to live especially I guess that it is a peaceful place. I wonder if he has an expensive mirror telescope like Celestron, Orion, Leade, etc.

i doubt it. i havent been there since 2005 so dunno if he did buy one or not. u gotta ask him.. :)

I did got one myself. really two telescopes :) celestron 10 inches starhopper is friggin heavy! grrr.. gotta take two persons to carry it.. lol other one=bushnell is light weight and easy to carry but its only for planet looking and etc. like other one is very heavy and can view the nebulas etc. Its so awesome!

its not good place to look at the sky where his home is at. too many light pollution. at his parents place- real nice and up close with the sky make you feel like you are up in the clouds. ha!

i do want to get a digital camera that will work iwth the celestron starhopper. :)

sorry off topic. :)

I did not buy telescope yet. Possibly in future I'm not ready for it. With my naked eyes I never see big Saturn and anothers. I was little boy when my real father got me a telecope I never understand how to grasp the star I lack how to adjust to pinpoint. Frustrated. Later I dumped it when I was 20 years old. I wanna see first. Right now I learned how to adjust the len what I'm currently on my new Nikon SLR camera.

Oh really! Wow. I'm so jealous that you have a good Celestron! You are so lucky. Can't you imagine how expensive they are now at stores?!

Maybe, he would make a petition against the light pollution at night. I don't know if it would work that way.

Stargaze, I can't believe that you threw the telescope! You must feel so stupid for doing that. Actually, it happened to me a few times - I put my books in the recycle trash by a huge mistake because I left my two favorite old photos of me in the book before I sold my house. I never forgive myself to do that. I wish that I could turn the clock back and take the pictures out of the book.

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa wonder if I can do that with my camera. But first I have to go up to the mountain and try it at nite time. I am sure that my son would love that. :D

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa wonder if I can do that with my camera. But first I have to go up to the mountain and try it at nite time. I am sure that my son would love that. :D

That would be a great idea. Be advise to watch out for rattle snakes on the rock mountains. Good Luck!

nice pics - you can really see the glow of Denver metro from Wyoming? Are you sure it is not Ft. Collins?

As for the Rockies I love em and I wanna get out there to them again someday - thats on my bucket-list.

nice pics - you can really see the glow of Denver metro from Wyoming? Are you sure it is not Ft. Collins?

As for the Rockies I love em and I wanna get out there to them again someday - thats on my bucket-list.

Greeley, Ft Collins, Denver, and many cities are growing so fast. Now Wellington, CO not far from my hometown is booming right now that was used be small town. All of them are glowing in dark I can see.

Starrygaze is right that it is combined cities altogether that glowed in dark. it is so BIG.

It has to be. I looked up Silverthorne, CO and realized the whole Northeast corner of CO has turned into a metro area! Whatever happened to the rolling hills of the golden grain leading to the purple rockies under the blue sky?

yep its booming..... like many other cities ... sadly but its true..

I think that Bush and his Republicans (politicians) are hurrying to build up more buildings for their business before Bush is leaving his office. This is probably why we have glow in the dark sky every night.

and light sky sucks.

its called Light pollution!!! ahhh i wish they would DIM the lights so we can see the sky... or else dark skies will be but a distant memory. :(

Front Range Urban Corridor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I got good info from wikipedia and hope this helps you.

The Front Range Urban Corridor stretches from Pueblo, Colorado, north along Interstate Highway 25 to Cheyenne, Wyoming, and includes the Denver-Aurora Metropolitan Statistical Area, the Colorado Springs Metropolitan Statistical Area, the Boulder Metropolitan Statistical Area, the Fort Collins-Loveland Metropolitan Statistical Area, the Greeley Metropolitan Statistical Area, the Pueblo Metropolitan Statistical Area, the Cheyenne Metropolitan Statistical Area, and the Cañon City Micropolitan Statistical Area.

frontrangezv0.jpg

By owlstarry at 2008-04-05

and light sky sucks.

its called Light pollution!!! ahhh i wish they would DIM the lights so we can see the sky... or else dark skies will be but a distant memory. :(

I don't like light. Where are the stars! I wish to live in ancient. I will write to new US President to suggest of my idea for one day in observaton of new Holiday for no lights? Good ideal what will look like beautiful sky over no light cities? Or would be better with field damp to reduce the reflection of lights to the sky?

Back