nifty site, hello from texas (:

kitty3

Reaction score
hello! just thought i'd introduce myself ^-^
(and maybe get to know some people?)
my name is kalie, i'm 16 years old, almost 17, i lost my hearing from cancer, and i been signing for about 3 years now and am going to deaf school for first year and i love it! so glad to be on this site, i been told many great things about it! :)

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I never thought you would lose your hearing loss after you get cancer. Very rare. I guess you are late deafen. You will get use to the silence world. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. See you around. :wave:

Welcome! I know of another person who lost her hearing from cancer (chemo actually)....how old were you when you lost your hearing? Good to know that you go to Deaf School and you Sign even thou you're not prelingal!

thanks for the welcomes! i lost my hearing from chemo as well, i lost hearing when i was 2 years old but grew up in hearing family lipreading and speaking, as many people have, and started learning sign language in school because i never knew it existed *sigh* but i'm so happy that i get to experience deaf community more now in deaf school (and on here) :)

You own a kitty too?

Nice

welcome to alldeaf.com!

Back