Nicknames people gave you?

A guy at work started calling me 'Frank Grimes' after the Simpsons character, because I wore a white-short sleeved shirt one day. I'm a bit sick of being called 'Grimes' and 'Grimey' and am going to ask him to stop.

I have been recently dubbed 'Meatballs' by my bestest friend which I absolutely love and plan to use more in future.

I have a list a mile long lol, partly because some of the nicknames only one friend calls me. Ducky is one of them obviously.

I no longer have a sign name :( unless you use the one for my old nickname from Gallaudet...

I never had a nickname but there was this guy in my college dorms that got caught "beating it" and we all called him Spanky from that. :laugh2:

Laur (pronounced Lore)
Laur-Laur
Lorax
L.K

My best friend and I call each other "Babe"

Cha cha from family short for Spanish word muchachita little girl. Don't like it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O just remembered the other one!! I fan my best friend "heartbreaker" and he calls me "hot stuff" but no one else is allowed to call me like thay.

I got another nickname, "Arm ruler", because you know a ruler is a foot long :D

Must be how he measures his foot long subs from subway to make sure they don't short him ;) they gave him a fake quarter last time his sub was short an inch ;)

Full name: Abigail
Nicknames: Abby (really doesn't matter how it's spelled...), Abbz, Abbykinz (why no idea I feel like I'm five), Abiska (Abeshka - My Polish family calls me that), and then there's "Unicorn" "Angel" from friends.

No one can't pronounced my real name was. Only Polish family or Polish friends can. Everyone called me Kris.

Wirelessly posted (ZTE X501 Phone)

No one can pronouce my middle name, which is German. My first and last name are British, ironically. :dunno: why my parents picked Mark for.

Commando and Flash stuck for a while, and had nothing to do with lack of underwear. Until I went into the service, most friends called me Dom, which lead to new people calling me Tom.

No one can't pronounced my real name was. Only Polish family or Polish friends can. Everyone called me Kris.

Given that I'm Lithuanian and have Polish friends, I might have a chance!

Though my names are Lithuanian, they are really easy to pronounce. I got lucky!

The only person who is allowed to use a nickname with me is my husband and some really close friends. My husband calls me something that has nothing to do with my real name, and it's in Lithuanian and is harder to say than my real name. My nickname for him is in Lithuanian too, even though he's not Lugan.

Last edited:
I know how that feels. Rarely does anyone get my name right the first or second or third time....

Polish was not bad and better than German.

Can you pronounce Abelschriemenamphelheimer? No it was not misspelling. It's real name.

Polish was not bad and better than German.

Can you pronounce Abelschriemenamphelheimer? No it was not misspelling. It's real name.

Definitely a tongue twister, but pronounceable. Of course, most people don't take time to read and attempt a pronunciation... they'd rather just jump the gun and butcher everything... :mad: My name is the same way, completely butchered every which way, so I often use a middle name or nick name instead. :roll: Easier and less frustrating that way. *sigh* :doh:

Back