NFS: Underground 2

DeafVen

Reaction score
NFS: Underground 2

Electronic Arts today announced the development of Need For Speed Underground 2 under the EA GAMES brand. Need for Speed Underground 2 is the sequel to Need for Speed Underground, which has sold more than five million copies worldwide since its release in November 2003.

Need for Speed Underground 2 will challenge gamers to immerse themselves in the tuner culture, exploring an expansive, free-roaming city divided into five distinct neighbourhoods. Gamers will encounter rival racers who will initiate events, tip players off to the hottest racing spots, and show them where to buy the most sought-after licensed aftermarket upgrades.

The game will feature new game modes, deep new performance customisation and tuning, and more than 30 licensed cars. The game also delivers twice the visual customisation upgrades as the original game, providing a staggering 70 billion possible car combinations for total automotive self-expression.

Need for Speed Underground 2 is currently under development by EA Canada and is scheduled for release in fall 2004 for the PlayStation2 computer entertainment system, Xbox video game system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube, PC, and Game Boy Advance. We are awaiting confirmation of the PEGI rating for this game.

http://www.eagames.com/news/nfsu2_042204.jsp?src=11hmer2g1000gnonenone

Very good New other Soon 2004 in NFS: Underground 2 !!! :type:

I have PC-GAME Very Good For winning more NFS: Underground :P

Greetings :dance:

Frankly im surprised....I expected that NFS8 would be Hot Pursuit 3 with the exotics (Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini) back in play....

but then the Fast and Furious crowd won out again.....

Perhaps a Yenko Camaro, a 1970 Hemi Challenger and some old-school muscle cars will sneak into NFS8-Underground 2, like the 2 Fast 2 Furiuous did the same thing bringing the old cars back in the moviegoer's minds. or a long shot is EA Canada might sneak in the 1998 McLaren F1 that was in NFS2, NFS4 High Stakes and NFS6 Hot Pursuit 2.....but thats wishful thinking.

Oh shit I near forgot that this year is Need For Speed's 10th anniversary since its debut on the 3D0 game console as "Road & Track presents the Need for Speed". The first set of cars in that game were:

1) 1994 Corvette ZR-1 (the predecessor to the 2001 C-5 Z06 Corvette)
2) 1993 Acura NSX
3) 1994 Toyota Supra Twin-Turbo
4) 1994 Lamborghini Diablo
5) 1993 Porsche 911 (993) Carrera 2 Coupe
6) 1994 Mazda RX7
7) 1994 Ferrari 512TR (the one that was in the TV show "Miami Vice")
8) 1994 Dodge Viper R/T-10 Roadster

NFS2 was dominated by Ford show cars with ItalDesign cars participating in the game. Also it was the McLaren F1's first video-game debut. NFS3 brought the cops in action chasing speeders all over the track. NFS4 was practically NFS3 with more cars and tracks. NFS4 was the first NFS game to include damage to the cars essentially allowing players to turn a $200,000 exotic cars into a pile of junk. NFS5 was ALL Porsche, all the time.
NFS6 Hot Pursuit 2 brought the cops back in action this time being more aggressive with helicopters dropping bombs on the speeders. NFS7 Underground......The first NFS to tell the exotics to take a hike for the tuner cars.

NFS2 was dominated by Ford show cars with ItalDesign cars participating in the game
OOH I loved that car. Its great handling and speed.
I still miss to race NFS:HP, NFS:HS and Motorcity Online.

Damn I am thinking to go back and play again.

Perhaps a Yenko Camaro, a 1970 Hemi Challenger and some old-school muscle cars will sneak into NFS8-Underground 2, like the 2 Fast 2 Furiuous did the same thing bringing the old cars back in the moviegoer's minds.
I don't think so. Where are muscle cars in NFS:UG?? NONE. Its full of shit.

I'm curious, which track do you like in NFS PU and HS? I loves (HS tracks) Landstrasse, Dolphine Cove(backward) Kindiak Park and Raceway3(backward). Bored HS tracks are Celtic Runis, Route Adonf, Durham Road, Raceway 1 and 2. The hardest track is Snowy Ridge.

For PU, Loves #1 track is Atlantica and like all tracks. That's it

Damn, I'm still thinking to go back NFS. Never stop thinking.

Last edited:
Whocare, I got something better for your PC racing fix ....How about TOCA Race Driver 2? Most of the NFS cars are in the new game. Also the physics in the game ownz NFS that is why I dont play NFS much nowadays than I used to. Also no damage in NFS7 Underground turned me off since I prefer to finish a race with a car that looks like its ready to go to the junkyard :lol:

The Ford GT90 (NFS2), The Skyline GT-R R34 (NFS HS Japanese version, NFS7 Underground), 2000 Mustang SVT Cobra R (NFS6 HP 2), Mitsubishi Lancer Evo (NFS7 Underground), Subaru Impreza WRX (NFS7 Underground), Jaguar XK8 Convertible (NFS 3 HP, NFS4 HS, NFS6 HP2), Aston Martin DB7 (NFS3 HP, NFS4 HS, NFS6 HP2) all are in the TOCA Race Driver 2 game.

Also the variety of championships like:

DTM (Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft) http://www.dtm.de The German equalivent of NASCAR Nextel Cup but more fancier than the average Cup car

Australian V8 Supercars http://www.v8supercar.com.au/ Fords and Holdens (The Aussie equal of Chevy) battle it out a la NASCAR but on the road courses with 4 door cars.

Ice racing

Big truck racing

Rally

Rallycross

CART Indycar style racing.

Back on subject of fave HS and PU tracks: For HS, Snowy Ridge and Route Adonf rocks for me 'cause they make the maximum car damage in less laps..LOL! The best car I perfer for HS is the Pontiac Trans Am and the cop car? The C5 Corvette does great for me.....

PU tracks-I'll have Zone Industrelle, Normandie and Corsica. My fave PU cars has to be the 1988 Porsche 944 Turbo S, 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7, and the 1955 Porsche 550 Spyder. Only problem with PU is I wish it was released in 2004 instead of 2000 because of the Porsche Cayenne Turbo that I got addicted to racing on Project Gotham Racing 2. The Factory Driver missions were more my faves 'cuz of the cone challenges. (It helped me a lot when I was doing PGR and PGR2's cone challenge tests 4 years later heh!)

How about TOCA Race Driver 2?
Its codemasters!!! I once raced in codemaster online. It called 1nsane!

I'll download TOCA demo tonite and see how it fit for me. Thank you for your suggestion.

I'm not crazy over racing in Europe(sp?). Only NASCAR, CART and IRL. I'm lost interested F1 bevz its bored.

Back