NexTalk is Introducing SimpliciTTY Access, FREE TTY software

Then how do you keep Nigerian scammer out of this?

And when calling bank using proxy number it will NOT go though period. Bank have programmed to block all fake numbers, any number showing up not though Neustar, BYE! No transition, no chat, no exception, have a great day.

Proxy number? It is still fake number and the most easiest way to mask the true identity.

qwerty,

SimpliciTTY uses proxy numbers that are assigned to our servers and trunk. When a deaf individual signs up for SimpliciTTY Access, we will provide them with a number. The individual can either use the number we provide or, if they already have a number, we can forward their existing number to the number provided with SimpliciTTY Access.

In other words, we can either provide a user with a number or configure their account to use their existing number.

Gary

Some think I am way out of date but I do what works for me. I still use a TTY that is chained with a regular voice phone in combination with the Illinois Relay Service. The is because I so much prefer to use VCO!! I have talked all my life (lost hearing in left ear at age 5 and right ear has gradually gone down to profound) and still find I talk faster than I use a keyboard.

On a cell phone I use a version of CapTel.

I get the impression that what you are working on will not have VCO. Am I right?

Jane,

Initially SimpliciTTY Access will not have "traditional" VCO functionality. It is something we are working on as an update to the software in the future.

But I understand your need. My father-in-law lost his hearing as a result of working around jet fighters all his life. He can speak fine, but can not hear. He has learned how to read lips pretty well, but he still struggles at times. In his case I have installed SimpliciTTY Access on his computer at home. When we need to talk, he calls me and then we both launch our SimpliciTTY programs. He talks to me over the phone and i respond via SimpliciTTY Access. Although this works, I would prefer to do it through a single device.

I have tasked our software engineers with developing VCO features in both the TTY environment (baud) and SMS environment (Gabber).

Thanks
Gary

And when calling bank using proxy number it will NOT go though period. Bank have programmed to block all fake numbers, any number showing up not though Neustar, BYE! No transition, no chat, no exception, have a great day.

Proxy number? It is still fake number and the most easiest way to mask the true identity.

qwerty123,

I will have to ask my software engineers on this one. I may have misunderstood your question. We have been issuing numbers to our commercial clients for over 20 years and never had an issue. Ill get back to you with an answer.

Thanks

Gary

I wonder if I could use your product.

I am hearing. I don't have a landline. I have cell phone, a laptop and an internet connection. I have a Deaf friend who uses TTY with her landline. (She does not use a computer at all.) I would like to have a TTY conversation with her without relying on a relay operator.

I tried to see if you've already addressed this situation so far in the thread, but got a little overwhelmed reading. Sorry if I missed it.

No, you are not missing anything. Right now there are MAJOR reform going on though relay service providers. Not just VRS, other types of relay services are now undergoing reforms. The reform started last July and this is just beginning, and should complete less than 4 years from now.

FCC has plan and goal, weed out all of scams, fraud and so on. You see, recently banks started to accept VRS calls, that is because Bank realized that in order for Deaf person to get VRS is to register and obtain 10 digit local number though Neustar which is a trusted agency to verify that the calls are legitimate, not from south Africa. That part, I am happy that this problem has been fixed and it appears to be working.

I am hearing. I don't have a landline. I have cell phone, a laptop and an internet connection. I have a Deaf friend who uses TTY with her landline. (She does not use a computer at all.) I would like to have a TTY conversation with her without relying on a relay operator.

I tried to see if you've already addressed this situation so far in the thread, but got a little overwhelmed reading. Sorry if I missed it.

Biker,

I got further clarification on what we call a "proxy" number. When a client or user signs up for a SimpiciTTY account, we issue them a number. We get that number from our telco provider. We have been doing this for over 20 years and have never had a complaint about calls not being accepted or turned away.

When the client or user get the number from us they have one of two options. they can use that number, or, if they have an existing number, they can call forward their existing number to the new number that was issued to them when they signed up for SimpliciTTY. This is what we mean when we say "proxy". It could be that we need to change our internal verbiage so that is not confusing to the marketplace.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Gary

As long as both you and your friend are using the SimpliciTTY software, then you could have a relay-free conversation. The SimpliciTTY Access program will not include Relay capabilities in it's initial configuration. As has been mentioned, due too fraud and abuse, the FCC has really clamped down on the relay industry in the past few years and NexTalk is not authorized by the FCC to provide Relay service, nor do we ever plan to seek such authorization. We believe that technology will allow us to provide a very comprehensive and robust communication tool that does not require relay. That is not to say that we think relay is not needed. We know that there are certain situations where relay is still the best option for communication.

In your situation, if both you and your friend have the software installed, then you can engage in a IP based text conversation with no need for a land line or cell phone. We also have a video component that would allow you to see each other; and are working on adding a voice channel so you can have VCO functionality.

Thanks

Gary

This method will still enable scammer to scam the system, no way to prove applicant that is truly Deaf or Hoh that can not use traditional telephone system. I would be comfortable that it goes though NeuStar that is responsible for NANP (North America Number Plan) That NANP is assignment of 10 digit local number and they responsible overseen interconnection and refer to 911 calling center, plus more.

Proxy number lost that kind of control. I would recommend your company considering using Neustar and may have to work with them in order to successful implement of TTY for those who are qualified for. Its best protection and interest for everybody. And with 911, proxy number will not work as it is against 911 policy for any fake numbers.

I am aware tat you have done for 20 years, remember it is corporations that used them to receive TTY calls, not making outgoing calls which minimizes chances of fraud and scam. Most companies don't want to be part of scam and they can't afford to do so.

Biker,

I got further clarification on what we call a "proxy" number. When a client or user signs up for a SimpiciTTY account, we issue them a number. We get that number from our telco provider. We have been doing this for over 20 years and have never had a complaint about calls not being accepted or turned away.

When the client or user get the number from us they have one of two options. they can use that number, or, if they have an existing number, they can call forward their existing number to the new number that was issued to them when they signed up for SimpliciTTY. This is what we mean when we say "proxy". It could be that we need to change our internal verbiage so that is not confusing to the marketplace.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Gary

Other things in mind, I am glad that no VRS provider asking for SSN., They do ask for drivers license and most of the time DMV has the SSN where FCC can get and match with SSA to see if you were Deaf or HoH.

If VRS provider ask for SSN, something is not right.

This method will still enable scammer to scam the system, no way to prove applicant that is truly Deaf or Hoh that can not use traditional telephone system. I would be comfortable that it goes though NeuStar that is responsible for NANP (North America Number Plan) That NANP is assignment of 10 digit local number and they responsible overseen interconnection and refer to 911 calling center, plus more.

Proxy number lost that kind of control. I would recommend your company considering using Neustar and may have to work with them in order to successful implement of TTY for those who are qualified for. Its best protection and interest for everybody. And with 911, proxy number will not work as it is against 911 policy for any fake numbers.

I am aware tat you have done for 20 years, remember it is corporations that used them to receive TTY calls, not making outgoing calls which minimizes chances of fraud and scam. Most companies don't want to be part of scam and they can't afford to do so.

Biker,

Because NexTalk is not a relay company, we can not work with Nuestar. Our software program has built-in verification tests to ensure that the caller is using a TTY device. Further, we have filters that allow us a variety of blocking functions, including "large-net" filters like place of origin (no calls from anywhere outside the continental united states) to "fine detail" filters (no calls from a specific IP address). If you would like to discuss this in further detail with our Director of Technology, I would be more than happy to arrange a meeting.

Thanks

Gary

if proxy number are used, then someone will have the same number as the real number. meaning two same numbers owned by two different persons. no work

Still, simplictty can call relay number. FCC requires the relay providers to use real numbers on both end

there are plenty text based chat progarms

me suggest you to diss out the project

Oh I understand what you mean, yeah it sounds like a workable solution.

if proxy number are used, then someone will have the same number as the real number. meaning two same numbers owned by two different persons. no work

Still, simplictty can call relay number. FCC requires the relay providers to use real numbers on both end

Our software program has built-in verification tests to ensure that the caller is using a TTY device. Further, we have filters that allow us a variety of blocking functions, including "large-net" filters like place of origin (no calls from anywhere outside the continental united states) to "fine detail" filters (no calls from a specific IP address).

anyone in usa can become a scammer with your project. look at many facebook fake profiles.

fat lady still sing

I think this is Semantics. We are issued real numbers from our telco provider. These numbers are then provided to the SimpliciTTY software user. The user can either use that number, or if they already have a TDN that was issued by somebody else, we can forward their existing number to the real number we assigned to the account.

anyone in usa can become a scammer with your project. look at many facebook fake profiles.

fat lady still sing

qwerty,

These are registered accounts. When a person downloads the software, they still have to call us to get it activated. We control who gets on the system.

As long as both you and your friend are using the SimpliciTTY software, then you could have a relay-free conversation. The SimpliciTTY Access program will not include Relay capabilities in it's initial configuration. As has been mentioned, due too fraud and abuse, the FCC has really clamped down on the relay industry in the past few years and NexTalk is not authorized by the FCC to provide Relay service, nor do we ever plan to seek such authorization. We believe that technology will allow us to provide a very comprehensive and robust communication tool that does not require relay. That is not to say that we think relay is not needed. We know that there are certain situations where relay is still the best option for communication.

In your situation, if both you and your friend have the software installed, then you can engage in a IP based text conversation with no need for a land line or cell phone. We also have a video component that would allow you to see each other; and are working on adding a voice channel so you can have VCO functionality.

Thanks

Gary

Ok, so I will take that as a no, since (as I stated before, now bolded), she does not use a computer.

I was interested in finding out if your software on my computer would allow me to contact her through her TTY setup on her landline. That is all she uses.

It is fine that the answer is no, but I much prefer that "no" not be presented as "yes, as long as [insert something unfeasible or already ruled out]."

Ok, so I will take that as a no, since (as I stated before, now bolded), she does not use a computer.

I was interested in finding out if your software on my computer would allow me to contact her through her TTY setup on her landline. That is all she uses.

It is fine that the answer is no, but I much prefer that "no" not be presented as "yes, as long as [insert something unfeasible or already ruled out]."

Sorry,

I missed that part of your post. SimpliciTTY will talk with other TTY devices. So yes, you can do a TTY call with her.

Sorry for the miss-communication.

Gary

Im getting their idea how proxy number works. It does makes sense and I think it is workable solution, not perfect one but close.

Here is how it sounded like.

Im John Doe, I decided that I want that TTY software. I also have a landline phone. That landline phone number is 952-654-1970. I have to submit my landline phone bill with the application. Once approved and verified they give me TTY number of 952-654-1970. No alternative number allowed. With that number, John Doe will be displayed on caller ID.

This would be very difficult to create a fake proxy number by scammer, perhaps a very tiny small chance a genius figured a way but the chances of it happen is slim anyway.

fat lady still sing

Sorry,

I missed that part of your post. SimpliciTTY will talk with other TTY devices. So yes, you can do a TTY call with her.

Sorry for the miss-communication.

Gary

Thanks for following up. Sorry for the grumpiness.

Back