Next Windows leaks onto Net

illustrator

Reaction score
An early test version of the next major release of Microsoft Windows has been leaked onto the Net, offering a glimpse of the company’s plans for the new software.

The leaked version of the upcoming desktop operating system, code-named Longhorn, hints of major changes under the Windows hood, as Microsoft radically improves file management and searching features in Windows and in Yukon, the code-name for the next version of SQL Server, due out later this year.

In Longhorn, Microsoft plans to introduce a new file system with enhanced storage capabilities. Known as Windows Future Storage (WinFS), the new means for storing, accessing or indexing files will replace NTFS and FAT32, the predecessors used by Windows XP. The file system is intended to make it easier to find information, no matter where it is stored or in what form

=> Complete STory here

longhorn.gif

Longhorn looks like it will be a lot more easier to use and better than XP.

I saw on TechTV news the LongHorn OS leaked in holes, they'll re-do the OS and will be LH2 or something.

Originally posted by illustrator
that windows' clock look like Safari's icon :lol:

right now i am pirating Longhorn just to try it out and see how it feels. I have a second hard drive in my computer so don't worry i won't lose anything.

oh yeah a few bugs and some stuff don't look right but don't worry it won't be done for another year :-D

Originally posted by PSORules79
oh yeah a few bugs and some stuff don't look right but don't worry it won't be done for another year :-D

Have your test with photoshop? How well?

Have your test with photoshop? How well?

I tried installing norton antivirus.. don't work... tried firewall don't work... but haven't tried photoshop yet... do you want me to ?

Originally posted by PSORules79
I tried installing norton antivirus.. don't work... tried firewall don't work... but haven't tried photoshop yet... do you want me to ?

it's up to ya...

it's up to ya...

nah i want to leave it alone if i want to use photoshop, i can simple switch to XP since i have two hard drives

*Laughing

You know Bill Gates said XP was perfect and the last operating system they will need to create. He said in addition to that "We will never have to upgrade XP because the performance and architecture is solid etc..." I was at the Keynote myself so I saw with my own eyes.

Now that technology has improved in just months after the XP release - Apple published that BlueTooth http://www.bluetooth.com/ was at the core of OS X. This prompted Bill Gatey to want to update Windows XP. huh? Update something he said was their last OS, and needs no upgrading? *laughin more* XP plans to address a bunch of bugs, and problems with the OS "XP". It is funny how Microsoft has to go back on their words... how can anyone think that their would be no more updates... technology is always moving forward always!

Anyway - thought I would share...

Oh my point about BlueTooth - the next XP will have BlueTooth at the core of the OS like Apple's OS X. which is great! Though I don't use PC much, I prefer Windows 2k professional over XP.

Originally posted by LeviathanC
:dizzy: Too many freakin' Windows Operations.

Windows 1.0
Windows 2.0??
Windows 3.x
Windows 95
Windows 98
Windows 98 SE
Windows NT
Windows 2000
Windows Me
Windows xp Pro
Windows xp Home

===============

Nancy OS
Mac OS 1-9
Mac OS X
Mac OS X Server

---------------------------

Red Hat
Linux
Unix
Lindow

:lol:

Windows 1.0
Windows 2.0??
Windows 3.x
Windows 95
Windows 98
Windows 98 SE
Windows NT
Windows 2000
Windows Me
Windows xp Pro
Windows xp Home

===============

Nancy OS
Mac OS 1-9
Mac OS X
Mac OS X Server

---------------------------

Red Hat
Linux
Unix
Lindow

:lol:

You forgot Longhorn.

illustrator, Where are you got a Longhorn?

ask SyrOrange

I have no idea where or how... you can go to microsoft.com to find out for more information.

Back