Newspapers Verses Blogs.

lalalaaaaa lalaaaaaaa lalaaaaaaa

:fruit:

this thread does seem a bit redundant going around and around and around with the same arguments being brought up by each side.

But at least it's all in one thread instead of taking over other threads.

You won't trust sources from Blogs.
I won't trust sources from newspapers.

So I guess we will have to agree to disagree on the matter.

But at least it's all in one thread instead of taking over other threads.

You won't trust sources from Blogs.
I won't trust sources from newspapers.

So I guess we will have to agree to disagree on the matter.

thing is - it's like saying "you won't trust the source that Earth is round and I won't trust the source that Earth is flat." One of them is very wrong. lol. it isn't the matter of opinion. it's the fact.

thing is - it's like saying "you won't trust the source that Earth is round and I won't trust the source that Earth is flat." One of them is very wrong. lol. it isn't the matter of opinion. it's the fact.

I agree. The world is round and newspapers cannot be trusted. They have a major agenda to brain wash everyone into accepting the status Que. Newspapers are just as fictional as some blogs are.

So on some issues I trust the Blogs I read more.

I hardly ever read newspapers as I don't want to be brainwashed.

I agree. The world is round and newspapers cannot be trusted. They have a major agenda to brain wash everyone into accepting the status Que. Newspapers are just as fictional as some blogs are.

So on some issues I trust the Blogs I read more.

I hardly ever read newspapers as I don't want to be brainwashed.

and blogs don't brainwash you? how can you tell if some blogs are for real? :hmm:

exactly.

and blogs don't brainwash you? how can you tell if some blogs are for real? :hmm:

I can usually tell if someone is lying. I know that newspapers lie. I can imagine some blogs do too if they sound really far out I'd stop reading them. But they are written by people who feel strong about their cause.

Wheras Newspapers are just out to make money. I just DO NOT trust them. Sorry.

blogs are also written by people who make opinionated statements without backing them up with facts.

I can usually tell if someone is lying. I know that newspapers lie. I can imagine some blogs do too if they sound really far out I'd stop reading them. But they are written by people who feel strong about their cause.

Wheras Newspapers are just out to make money. I just DO NOT trust them. Sorry.

how are newspaper supposed to pay for reporters, equipments, papers, etc? I have another question - what about blogs that have trustworthy strong opinion that are opposite to your cause? do you conveniently ignore it?

with the proliferation of newspapers being available online, their focus is no longer to make money via their subscriptions -- it is to gain readers via the internet.

how are newspaper supposed to pay for reporters, equipments, papers, etc? I have another question - what about blogs that have trustworthy strong opinion that are opposite to your cause? do you conveniently ignore it?

Do you?

not at all. that's why I have a balanced view and I lean on what I agree with that coincides with American way - personal choice without interference.

so.. do you?

even though my political views tend to be more on the moderate side, it does not mean that i don't read conservative newspapers and magazines. evaluating both sides of the story helps me get a better understanding about what the other side is thinking so that i can make a more informed decision about the issues that concern me.

newspapers are less biased than blogs. :cool2:

I work with newspapers for a living. My advice is to take everything with a grain of salt. Never at face value. I can tell you without hesitation that there are inaccurate facts, inconsistencies and more in nearly every article that is printed in the paper and on the internet.

Too often have I seen stories reported where buildings are being blown up when they aren't. Reporting people to be dead when they aren't. The list goes and on and this occur in pretty much every paper around the world as far I am concerned.

Now, about bloggers. Well, they are more similar to columnists than they are as journalists. If they offer opinions of their own, they are just like the columnists. Very, very few bloggers practice the ethics of journalism.

I work with newspapers for a living. My advice is to take everything with a grain of salt. Never at face value. I can tell you without hesitation that there are inaccurate facts, inconsistencies and more in nearly every article that is printed in the paper and on the internet.

Too often have I seen stories reported where buildings are being blown up when they aren't. Reporting people to be dead when they aren't. The list goes and on and this occur in pretty much every paper around the world as far I am concerned.

Now, about bloggers. Well, they are more similar to columnists than they are as journalists. If they offer opinions of their own, they are just like the columnists. Very, very few bloggers practice the ethics of journalism.

I'll agree with you that newspapers make mistakes. Everyone does. But the examples you are giving are not examples of journalists being biased. And even though that does happen too, I think that the last sentence of your post is the most important. There are standards that journalists are held to that bloggers aren't.

I'll agree with you that newspapers make mistakes. Everyone does. But the examples you are giving are not examples of journalists being biased. And even though that does happen too, I think that the last sentence of your post is the most important. There are standards that journalists are held to that bloggers aren't.

and when newspapers make mistakes - they publish the corrections. I doubt most bloggers do that.

another distinction between newspapers and blogs: bloggers can get away with saying anything they want. journalists can't.

another distinction between newspapers and blogs: bloggers can get away with saying anything they want. journalists can't.

If you think journalists are usually held accountable for their bias and mistakes, you're in for a big surprise.

Back