newegg.com

AlleyCat

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with newegg.com?

I am planning to buy a new laptop this week. This site has both new and refurbished (used) laptops. Just curious if anyone has ever bought from newegg before.

Or, are there any other sites you would recommend? I would love to find something cheaper than what is offered at Best Buy.

I live/breathe/sleep newegg. I've used it for a long time... I probably dished out about $2,000 worth of stuff from it. Always full of good deals and rebates. I do recommend you to buy laptop from dell.com but it's up to you.

I live/breathe/sleep newegg. I've used it for a long time... I probably dished out about $2,000 worth of stuff from it. Always full of good deals and rebates. I do recommend you to buy laptop from dell.com but it's up to you.

I got my computer as a gift, but I told my grandmother that I wanted a Dell computer. It's been good to me. I've only had to replace a hard drive once and replace a chip once. I've had the computer since 2004.

Anyway, Alleycat....

If you're looking to buy discount, Newegg is the way to go. My Dad has bought computer parts from them and hasn't gone wrong yet.

I got my computer as a gift, but I told my grandmother that I wanted a Dell computer. It's been good to me. I've only had to replace a hard drive once and replace a chip once. I've had the computer since 2004.
I picked Dell not because of "brand" name but because it's dirt cheap. My friend just bought dell pc with QUAD-core + 19" widescreen for only $600!!! I buy only "business" computer because it tends to be much more reliable than home pc. But its spec especially multimedia (typically video card) and hdd space are mediocre but hey - just simply buy those from newegg.com at discounted price. it's an EPIC WIN! I use techbargain to hunt for certain product with price-to-steal. Amazon + Newegg + TechBargain = EPIC WIN!

Anyway, Alleycat....

If you're looking to buy discount, Newegg is the way to go. My Dad has bought computer parts from them and hasn't gone wrong yet.
plus - sometimes I have received DOA product (damaged on arrival) or it got defective later on. Newegg is VERY VERY quick to replace it. NO QUESTION ASKED! +100 to their customer support service.

Thanks for all your feedback.

I was actually surprised at the comment about Dell being dirt-cheap. My current (and OLD!) laptop is Dell, it cost me about $2k to buy. But that was 5 years ago. I will check them out as well. Everyone I know is telling me to get HP this time .....

Thanks for all your feedback.

I was actually surprised at the comment about Dell being dirt-cheap. My current (and OLD!) laptop is Dell, it cost me about $2k to buy. But that was 5 years ago. I will check them out as well. Everyone I know is telling me to get HP this time .....

5 years ago? lol that is a very long time in terms of computer year. Dell is not always dirt-cheap but it certainly has gotten cheap now. And also you simply have to wait for special deals like Black Friday, New Year Eve, "Back-to-School", etc. for good discounts on nicer comps from dell. HP is fine too but I prefer to stick with business-class laptop. It's never cheap. My business Dell laptop wasn't cheap but I bought on Black Friday so I saved about $300.

Happy Hunting, AC :cool2:

I've bought a couple hard drives from newegg. Good prices and good service. My brother is a super shopper there. :)

that can work but I highly don't recommend doing that because there's no warranty. Laptop is always prone to breakdown and repair/replacement cost is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

no, almost new and sealed in box and full warranty. take carefully for warranty.

Has anyone had any experience with newegg.com?

I am planning to buy a new laptop this week. This site has both new and refurbished (used) laptops. Just curious if anyone has ever bought from newegg before.

Or, are there any other sites you would recommend? I would love to find something cheaper than what is offered at Best Buy.

newegg.com is good deal for selling. no scam. but Notebook price is little expensive than ebay.

no, almost new and sealed in box and full warranty. take carefully for warranty.

watch out for disclaimer notice. Most companies don't honor warranty if bought from unauthorized 3rd party. They do ask for proof of receipt

I picked Dell not because of "brand" name but because it's dirt cheap. My friend just bought dell pc with QUAD-core + 19" widescreen for only $600!!! I buy only "business" computer because it tends to be much more reliable than home pc. But its spec especially multimedia (typically video card) and hdd space are mediocre but hey - just simply buy those from newegg.com at discounted price. it's an EPIC WIN! I use techbargain to hunt for certain product with price-to-steal. Amazon + Newegg + TechBargain = EPIC WIN!

plus - sometimes I have received DOA product (damaged on arrival) or it got defective later on. Newegg is VERY VERY quick to replace it. NO QUESTION ASKED! +100 to their customer support service.

Not sure about "dirt cheap", but I will say that for my purposes, Dell has been reliable. I've only had the two issues since I've had the computer, and I think that's pretty good considering I've had the computer for almost 5 yrs.

I think between July or Aug I ordered Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo for $177 from Newegg.com and I use money order to send then they havent recieve my money order for 2 weeks so I called money order department to refund my money back. I think post office fault for lost my mail. So now I will never order anything from newegg.com because I have Fry's electronics about 45 mins drive from my home.

Do you ever buy a GPS for traveling? Which brand do you like? What price do you think that it should be?

Do you ever buy a GPS for traveling? Which brand do you like? What price do you think that it should be?

I use Garmin. Another popular brand is TomTom. Normally - the price range is around $200+ but I refuse to pay that much.... I waited... and waited.... and waited till I snatched Garmin for about $120 (w/ rebate). There are other models selling at $100-range and I believe it does the job more than enough. I don't know why would people spend $500+ for it.

Type in direction and press GO! What more do you need? You don't need MP3 feature, traffic report, etc.

My GPS is crap now, since I have to pay $175 to update it, I am with Navman. Jiro, speaking about Dell. Is Dell Mini Laptops worth the time for university purposes?

My GPS is crap now, since I have to pay $175 to update it, I am with Navman. Jiro, speaking about Dell. Is Dell Mini Laptops worth the time for university purposes?

what's your needs? Are you application-heavy? Are you simple-type: some documents, Internet, emails, and movies?

Back