Newby,1st post- Major depressed

Cupcake said:
Hi Tracker, I am also new here, however I am not deaf, one of my best friends is and she takes alot of bull from alot of people out there. People descriminate over so many different things, my brother keeps looking for a job however alot of places won't hire him because he is bald, and it makes him appear much older than he is. Sometimes people will find any reason for not hiring someone, maybe because you are too fat, or to short, or to tall or you can't hear or you can't walk, whatever reason it is their loss for not having you as their employee.

Maybe you could start some type of business on your own or with a friend
Maybe I am not much help I'm sorry, but sometimes people make me sick. THey never think of hurting peoples feelings, or if it was their own family member being rejected. You hang in there you WILL find a job with someone who will appreciate you for you!!!!!!!!:)

:gpost: I agree. :)

BackFIRE :rifle:

Yeah I am planning to create jobs, and have a business.
So if people ask me for jobs... I will say no, unless
they have any physical disabilities...
I'll even hire fat people or balded men... to work for me...

To let people know how it feels to be rejected. :)

Well said.... Cupcake!!!

As same thing w/my husband. He went Madonna Universtiy in MICH, usa for 3 years and graduated... He had been several different jobs due their discrimiation and thinks he is flirting women.. Kept stubborn He was on soughting jobs but turns it out sour for 10 years no luck finding a job.... Until found a job None of true.. He really quite tired of this and decide to change his career... He wen into the post-secondary university then earned it as well and foreplay apply the co-op jobs... Somehow He got two letters and says.. 1 company want hiring you... another 1 biggest company want hiring you... He has no made his decision which one the best comapny for me suitable to go work. Asked me which the best for me?? I answered him.. Follow your heart... He choosen biggest company... Got thru 6th an interviewed climbed up and immeditly job! He left his post-secondary university and started working on May 17 1999.. He working at Formet Ltd, under Magna LTD... He is happy working there by now..
Espically me.. Just starting on hunting a job because I was full time MOM watch 3 kids.. They are grown big enough.... I'm ready sleeve up my arms ... hunting a job.. Wishes me good luck but knew about discrimititon and lot of barriers in Ontario, Canada.. I will not dig giving up til find a JOB!

Hopefully you could digging big hole til you find a treasure... Don't give up your dreams! Wishes you have great luck... Don't need being hate your life!

yeah college degrees are good...
My Uncle went to Dentist School and became Dentist.
And he worked until he starts his own Dentist business.
And he owned an Dentist Office and Clinic... and made a lot of money....
He got a big HOUSE and buy a condo in one of the Mexico island.
His son followed his footstep, he became a baby doctor and own
an office and clinic.... and he is making a lot of money, too.
His daughter owns a bus business, and his wife owns a fashion business.

Hi Tracer

Hi Tracer,
Welcome to all the deaf.
Its very frustraing what your going through.
I don't have or I never had any "Friends", and thats depressing.
But don't give up!
Cheer up and keep smiling!
Margie
Interpreter(I've known ASL now 30 yrs.)

Hi all,
Just an update - Looks like I've landed a job, night shift at a shop doing work at the level that I started at, but it will keep a roof over my head till something else comes along. thanks for all the support and kind words -going deaf, saying words seems strange!

Tracker.....

Tracker said:
Hi all,
Just an update - Looks like I've landed a job, night shift at a shop doing work at the level that I started at, but it will keep a roof over my head till something else comes along. thanks for all the support and kind words -going deaf, saying words seems strange!

Tracker.....

Ohhh thats just wonderful, Tracker!!!!!! I am glad to hear that :) At least you have started the journey :)

:hug:

Tracker said:
Hi all,

Tracker.....

CONGRATULATIONS!! last week you felt that a door closed on you.. but this week a new door opened up for you!! keep us posted!! don't be a stranger and stop in here once in a while!! :hug:

zesty said:
CONGRATULATIONS!! last week you felt that a door closed on you.. but this week a new door opened up for you!! keep us posted!! don't be a stranger and stop in here once in a while!! :hug:

Then it slammed shut in my face ! when I called the day I was supposed to go to work, the guy didn't even remember who I was and said I must have been mistaken ????? I give up :liar: I guess in GWBs america things will be a changing......

Tracker.....

Tracker said:
Then it slammed shut in my face ! when I called the day I was supposed to go to work, the guy didn't even remember who I was and said I must have been mistaken ????? I give up :liar: I guess in GWBs america things will be a changing......

Tracker.....

OMG...what happened????!!!! That is so perplexing.

Tracker said:

Tracker.....

what!????? when did this happen!?!? :dizzy:
i am sorry to hear this!! but don't dispair!! :hug:

MODS??? Why this thread in Introduction section, ain't it suppose to
be in the other section???

Welcome to AD, Tracker and hope u enjoy this site.
Ouch what happen? Tell them that they are "Losers"..

PurrMeow

Welcome to AD!

Hi Tracer,
Welcome to AD!
Enjoy your stay.
If you have any deaf friends, hoh or even hearing ones go out with them.
Thats the great way to teach your hearing friends sign language.
I never had any "Friends" to go out with.
Cheep up!!
Margie
Dir. of Communication Services
OCDAC

Back