lifted

Reaction score
*waves*

I live in Washington State and know next-to-no ASL. I am not deaf or HOH. I can fingerspell, say hi and bye, some numbers, and a couple other random signs. I hope to take ASL next Fall through Spring. I do own some books about ASL and I take a crocheting class once a week because the teacher is fluent in ASL. I have been picking up a couple of signs from her, which is nice. ASL is really lovely to watch and use and I have a big interest in making it a part of my life.

I joined this forum because I'd like to know more about deaf culture and how to interact with people who are deaf or HOH. Also, I've noticed a lot of negativity about hearies and how they treat the deaf/HOH population and I don't want to make the same mistakes...

Well, that's about it. Nice to meet all of you.

PS Any complaints about me have nothing to do with my hearing or my attitudes towards d/hh. :)

*waves*

I live in Washington State and know next-to-no ASL. I am not deaf or HOH. I can fingerspell, say hi and bye, some numbers, and a couple other random signs. I hope to take ASL next Fall through Spring. I do own some books about ASL and I take a crocheting class once a week because the teacher is fluent in ASL. I have been picking up a couple of signs from her, which is nice. ASL is really lovely to watch and use and I have a big interest in making it a part of my life.

I joined this forum because I'd like to know more about deaf culture and how to interact with people who are deaf or HOH. Also, I've noticed a lot of negativity about hearies and how they treat the deaf/HOH population and I don't want to make the same mistakes...

Well, that's about it. Nice to meet all of you.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I am glad that you are interest in Deaf Culture. You will learn a lot about us, Deafies and HOH (Hard Of Hearing). Just pick any topic to discuss or debate with us. Have fun reading and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

hi there. new member here from london, UK. profoundly deaf. been deaf since 8 months old. british sign language my first language. i would like to start learning asl as much as i can someday. ill put more info in my profile later.

hi there. new member here from london, UK. profoundly deaf. been deaf since 8 months old. british sign language my first language. i would like to start learning asl as much as i can someday. ill put more info in my profile later.

Hey Hellboy. You are entitled to your own intro thread, but welcome. :wave:

Back