Newbie, would love the help... and a friend. :-)

o0talula0o

Reaction score
Hi my name is Danielle. I live in Washington state. Yes, I am a hearie, with very little knowledge on ASL. Right now at 31 years of age, I am spending a lot of time at home resting. I am headed in for brain surgery in less than a month and have decided to spend my time learning ASL in hopes of making a few friends on this adventure. I must say that I am having a hard time navigating the site and am eager to meet some new people either in person or by email. Anyway, if any of you are open to chatting and teaching me a few things, send me a message. I would love to hear from you. :)

Welcome......I'm up late watching tv with my little dog. Can't find anything good on tv right now though.

Awwww how cute!!!! I want a small dog but I think my cat would try to beat it up. She's a pretty feisty feline. So how long have you been using this website? I've cruised around a little bit but it's hard to on my phone. Lol... my cat busted my laptop screen, so I have to surf the net on my phone til after my surgery so I can go back to work and make that money. :)

:welcome:

I hope your surgery goes well.

Hi Danielle!!
You're welcome :)

If i understand correctly, you say that you're "headed inf for brain surgery", are you a physician? Just because i like human science and talk about it. But also like to talk about everything :)

I don't think that she is the doctor but she is going in for surgery to remove a tumor by her surgeons. Maybe she is worry about going deaf so I think she is making a plan to learn ASL while she is waiting for time to go into the hospital next month. On second thought, she might go for CI unless it is just only a tumor that need to remove. :dunno:

Lol, no I know nothing about the medical field. I have a condition known as Obstructive Hydrocephalus and seem to be having complications with the shunt. Feel free to look it up if you are bored. :) Also to everyone else, sorry for the late reply. I had no idea people were responding to my thread. :)

As for learning ASL, I'm in no rush, I have no reason to believe that I am going deaf. I just find it interesting. :)

Oh and Hulu... my favorite shows are Bobs Burgers, The Bachelor (yes I know... I'm horrible), New Girl, and The Mindy Project. Haha all girly girl shows. Sorry!!!!

Lol, no I know nothing about the medical field. I have a condition known as Obstructive Hydrocephalus and seem to be having complications with the shunt. Feel free to look it up if you are bored. :) Also to everyone else, sorry for the late reply. I had no idea people were responding to my thread. :)

As for learning ASL, I'm in no rush, I have no reason to believe that I am going deaf. I just find it interesting. :)

Thank you for clearing that up. I feel better about that. I do hope you will have a successful surgery. :wave:

Back