Newbie needs friends

ReeniePHOH

Reaction score
Hi, i'm Reenie. I'm new here & would like to make new friends & relearn ASL. In middle & high school I hung out with the Hearing Impaired class & made close friendships & I was as fluent in ASL as I am in English, but over the yrs I've lost some of the fluency in ASL. :( I live in Chesapeake,Virginia, close to Va Beach, Va. I have been trying to teach my daughter ASL, but she's still finger spelling. I don't know how much longer I'll have any hearing left, so I figured it's time to embrace the deaf community. Please reply back to this so I know it posted & if you'd like to be friends please let me know.

Hello welcome to alldeaf, ReeniePhoh, I hope be advise to you lose on find out I might to you lose ASL you lose, not worry! I would be forward to you

hey Cory,

I just read your profile after reading your reply. thanks by the way. i'm not sure where you live, but I thought it was kool to see you like poetry too. I write poetry, do you? I'm interested in relearning ASL. Are you new to learning it? Let me know if you want to be friends, ok? You'd be my first here!

OMG Cory, how old are you? If you're still in school, you could transfer to American School for the Deaf....or you can take classes at Deaf Inc or BCC.
Reenie, that's awesome you're interested in relearning ASL....how far away are you from the School for the Deaf? They often offer ASL classes and community events and things....If you're close to DC you could go to Gally or something liek that.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Naomi and I am currently studying ASL on my own until my ASL courses start. I am neither HOH or Deaf. I just think ASL is a beautiful language.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Naomi and I am currently studying ASL on my own until my ASL courses start. I am neither HOH or Deaf. I just think ASL is a beautiful language.

It is a very beautiful language. I find it more useful than english sometimes ^^ You're lucky to be able to take courses they don't offer at my school.

im working on my ASL as well. If any of you guys/girls want to chat and or practice please let me know. It would definitely help

Back