Newbie here...

MMA fan

Reaction score
Howdy peeps.... I'm new here. Just thought I'd introduce myself.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'd like meet new peeps and make some friends.... feel free to contact me.... how does the PM thing work?

MMAFan, actually,PM's are sorta reserved for people who are more than casually close, and for resolution of problems during heated debates. We get to know one another, by and large thru debates on various topics right here in the open.....

Hello newbie,

Welcome to AD and enjoy your stay here! :thumb:

Thanks for the clarification on PMs, Tousi. So what's happening? What's everyone talking about today?

MMAFan, when your'e at the main page, click on "New Posts" and you will see what's on the front burner for today! hehe; have fun.

Mixed Martial Arts is where you get into a ring and you just slug it out. Basically it's like boxing expect in boxing you just box..... whereas in MMA you can box, kickbox, or wrestle. The fighting styles consists of Jiu Jitsu, sambo, kickboxing, wrestling, submission wrestling.... and more styles which I can't think of at this moment. But they aren't just your typical redneck beer drinking brawlers. They are highly trained athletics...many of the fighters actually come from a high school and/or college wrestling backgrounds. They actually train for many months and get paid a nice amount of money for fighting. (the amount that they are paid also depends on their rankings and how popluar/well-known they are among the fans) If you want more information...here are some websites...

www.ufc.tv - (USA based in Las Vegas)
www.pridefc.com - (japan)
www.mmaweekly.com - MMA news
www.maxfighting.com - MMA news

If you have any more questions, don't hesistate to ask!

MMA fan said:
Mixed Martial Arts is where you get into a ring and you just slug it out. Basically it's like boxing expect in boxing you just box..... whereas in MMA you can box, kickbox, or wrestle. The fighting styles consists of Jiu Jitsu, sambo, kickboxing, wrestling, submission wrestling.... and more styles which I can't think of at this moment. But they aren't just your typical redneck beer drinking brawlers. They are highly trained athletics...many of the fighters actually come from a high school and/or college wrestling backgrounds. They actually train for many months and get paid a nice amount of money for fighting. (the amount that they are paid also depends on their rankings and how popluar/well-known they are among the fans) If you want more information...here are some websites...

www.ufc.tv - (USA based in Las Vegas)
www.pridefc.com - (japan)
www.mmaweekly.com - MMA news
www.maxfighting.com - MMA news

If you have any more questions, don't hesistate to ask!

Interesting! You are in it or just a fan of MMA?

Well I train jiu jitsu just FOR FUN... I don't actually particpate in any professional or amauter fighting events. But I do watch them yes... UFC and Pride are usually on pay per views.... they're awesome to watch. I'm hoping to go to Las Vegas to watch a UFC event live this summer. Wanna tag along? :P

MMA fan said:
Well I train jiu jitsu just FOR FUN... I don't actually particpate in any professional or amauter fighting events. But I do watch them yes... UFC and Pride are usually on pay per views.... they're awesome to watch. I'm hoping to go to Las Vegas to watch a UFC event live this summer. Wanna tag along? :P

As long as you get me a penthouse suite at Venetian...I'd tag along :giggle: I was there last May and fell in love with that hotel!!!!!!

Back