Newbie here signed up to move to WA State

MorWater

Reaction score
Um right now, I'm in AK. Nice place, for visit. I'm raised from birth here. Too much lip reading tho. 5 are culturally Deaf here out of thousand people. Cabin Fever a lot, eheh.

SO!

This will be my first time in having this move project. I'm going for Seattle area, within WAshington. I understand there are good number of ASL-ers here, within my age!?

I know how much minimum to bring money with me. I don't know anything about place, and I have big dog, which shed alot. Good brat.

Any thoughts in on this project will be truly appreciate for me to make this work. Oh works, I'm hoping to learn from this thread about works for hire nearby places to live in with HUGE DOG. I'm willing to consider the possibility with having roomate if anyone need one, residing within in WA??

IDK.....Ya know!?

Seattle? Awesome. There is a big deaf community there - a deaf school, Washington School for the Deaf (WSD) so you should start there. There are job opportunities at WSD, and you can always start from there :)

I wish you luck!

Washington School for the Deaf is a couple of hours away in Vancouver, right on the border of Portland. It is not near Seattle. There is a private school for the deaf in seattle but it is oral approach (I think).

I know one of person who used live in AK and move to Seattle somehow. I was so curious on how she deal like that as your goal.

Back