Newbie here-- hi there!

RandomHearie

Reaction score
Hello there, I'm an ASL student (I can hear the groans now) and I think Deaf culture is interesting (because everybody's just dying to be somebody's research subject, right?). I'm also a fiction writer and one of my characters is Deaf. (I'm starting to sound like a list of Things Every Deaf Person Wants To Hear, huh? Yeah, sorry about that.)

Nice to meet you all. I figure I ought to introduce myself if we're going to be interacting, right? And we probably will do that a lot, because I'm easily dragged into forum games and silliness, much as I wish I could just stick to what I'm here for. Oh, well.

Which forum, if any, do you recommend asking questions about ASL on? And which, if any, would it be okay to ask fiction-writerly questions on?

:lol:

How about, "Our World, Our Culture"

and "Creative Writing" ?

Hi, and thanks for the welcome.

As for my book, it's the usual: parallel universes, fighting evil, etc. If I go into depth on any plot points, you'll know the story if you ever read it, and that's tantamount to revealing my name, or at least my penname, publicly online... and if I can't do that, I'm stuck with only the most generic descriptions where I've stripped out everything that makes my work interesting! Please feel free to fill in a cliche-ridden "real world teen turns out to be heir to the Kingdom of Gobbledygook" plot whenever I talk about it. ;)

Hello there, I'm an ASL student (I can hear the groans now) and I think Deaf culture is interesting (because everybody's just dying to be somebody's research subject, right?). I'm also a fiction writer and one of my characters is Deaf. (I'm starting to sound like a list of Things Every Deaf Person Wants To Hear, huh? Yeah, sorry about that.)

Nice to meet you all. I figure I ought to introduce myself if we're going to be interacting, right? And we probably will do that a lot, because I'm easily dragged into forum games and silliness, much as I wish I could just stick to what I'm here for. Oh, well.

Which forum, if any, do you recommend asking questions about ASL on? And which, if any, would it be okay to ask fiction-writerly questions on?

I like you already!!!!!!! Were you inspired by Switched At Birth b/c OMG ASL so tReNdY aNd CoOl?!?!?!?:laugh2:

What's Switched at Birth? Does it involve ASL?

...Huh, I thought I made another reply to this thread already, but now I don't see it! To softabak, who asked what my book is about: it's fantasy, but if I go into too much detail anyone who happens to visit this site for any reason and reads my writing could figure out my real name, and I don't like giving out that kind of information on forums like this. (At the very least, I might want to make mildly off-color jokes that could get me in trouble with a publisher or something.) So feel free to imagine the most generic Harry Potter meets Lord of the Rings with vampires (Deaf vampires!) story possible. Hmm, that might actually make a good plot, come to think of it. :hmm:

(I could swear I said that already.)

Hello - For some reason, your writing style strikes me familiar. It reminded me a lot of another member on this forum that I once knew. Either way, welcome to All Deaf! I trust that you'll be able to find tons of information on this board. :)

Hello - For some reason, your writing style strikes me familiar. It reminded me a lot of another member on this forum that I once knew. Either way, welcome to All Deaf! I trust that you'll be able to find tons of information on this board. :)

I was thinking that the writing style (and talking points) seemed familiar too :)

Welcome ;)

Back