newbie from Oz

qodax

Reaction score
Hi guys:wave:
am a newbie to this site from near Sydney, Australia, having chronic mastoiditis and choleastomas for most of my life, had at least five surgeries the last being in 2002, about to do a check up cat scan etc lets hope its all clear but I am abit worried that it has now regrown and penetrated the brain lining , due to the current symptoms.... looking forward to meeting others on here

qodax,nice meet someone from commonwealth(or that word give you hump)i from englan profound deaf,bsl/english do both

hey caz12, please bear with me as aslo new to the deaf world and as not sure what BSL is as im not profoundly deaf have about 10% in left ear and right ear near normal, but am always open to new friends so nice to meet you too

british sign as opposed to american asl..,oz also has bsl i think.asl different to bsl alpherbet different i hate it .bsl i think not so hard.i use bsl and english equal.born hearing 30yrs and lost hearing 30yrs ago.bsl with signers oral with others..it sound not nice what ya have is it painful....
i was in sydny few yrs back loved it...i join here yr back i think but only start posting few months ,nice site better than english deaf forums seem nice people

british sign as opposed to american asl..,oz also has bsl i think.asl different to bsl alpherbet different i hate it .bsl i think not so hard.i use bsl and english equal.born hearing 30yrs and lost hearing 30yrs ago.bsl with signers oral with others..it sound not nice what ya have is it painful....
i was in sydny few yrs back loved it...i join here yr back i think but only start posting few months ,nice site better than english deaf forums seem nice people

Oz has Auslan.

Welcome to AD.:wave:

auslan not unlike bsl use bsl in oz, there one week stay at quaker house mostly english there.one person from fiji he use bsl... believe only 3signers in my town and they teenage boys,(god forbid)i go into city once week to deaf club it relaxing for me,my own age all sign.
i go international deaf meeting in london once year from all over world we have no trouble understanding each other

Back