Newbie from Colorado

RickL66

Reaction score
Hello, I've been lurking for awhile, and time to say Hello. I'm Rick, a Deaf guy from Colorado. I'm happily married with two kids (Jared = 3, Adalyn = 1). I'm the Webmaster/Editor of www.ColoradoDeaf.com - a website for the Deaf community in Colorado. I'm a software programmer for Gates Corp. My pastime hobbies is four wheeling... check my four wheeling website... the red Jeep is mine.

Anyhoo, hello! I shall see you around here.

And finally, to put a face to the name, here's a pic of me and my family.

family.jpg

awwwwwwwwwwwww *heartmelts* Beautiful family you got there!

That little girl "OMG" She soo cute!!! psst. Can I steal her for a week? ha ha! just kidding. ;)

Welcome to AllDeaf, having fun posting with us! :applause:

Is your wife and kids deaf? Do you have a cochlear implant? Can you speak or only use ASL?
Leah

Leah said:
Is your wife and kids deaf? Do you have a cochlear implant? Can you speak or only use ASL?
Leah

My wife and I are Deaf, and our children are hearing. I had a cochlear implant 19 years ago when it was new. I used it for about 2 years before I decided I didn't like it (One channel)... and have not used it ever since. I can speak (hearing family) but I use ASL as my primary means of communicating.

Cheri said:
awwwwwwwwwwwww *heartmelts* Beautiful family you got there!

That little girl "OMG" She soo cute!!! psst. Can I steal her for a week? ha ha! just kidding. ;) :

LOL! thanks! Adalyn is a very sweet little girl... daddy's girl, actually. Here's a recent photo of her... You can babysit her anytime!! ;) But it's a long ways to Colorado for you!

adalyn09_00_jpg.jpg

:applause: awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww the picture look so bootiful!!!! cute lil girl hair stand up!!!!!!!

:applause: welcome here and enjoy it! :applause:

RickL66 said:
LOL! thanks! Adalyn is a very sweet little girl... daddy's girl, actually. Here's a recent photo of her... You can babysit her anytime!! ;) But it's a long ways to Colorado for you!

adalyn09_00_jpg.jpg

OMG! She is sure one beautiful girl! She is soo blonde too. LOL! You are correct Colorado is pretty far for me to babysit her. heh! Must be so glad you have one boy and one girl, I have two boys. *shoot* I always dream of having a girl with blonde hair just like me. :giggle:

Is your wife also deaf too and what about the children?

Hello there Rick. Here's hoping everything is going well there. Was wondering what parts of Colorado are you from? And....how's the weather there?

welcome aboard...
what a beautiful family u have !
i recalled ur website some years ago
i went to Breckenridge Colorado for
a deaf ski vacation
it was WONDERFUL and fun !
p.s. i still have '84 Jeep Waggoner as
a second car for "backup" :)

Cheri said:
Is your wife also deaf too and what about the children?

He already mentioned above
that his wife is also deaf and his children are hearing
what a beautiful family ! :)

Your daughter is such a cutie. I want to be a preschool teacher to teach deaf/cochlear implant children. I love little ones. They are the best. :) Does your wife have cochlear implant? Could you get another implant now if you wanted to?
Leah

Aw, what a beautiful family you got there, and a cutie daug too....

Welcome to AD Rick and enjoy your stay here! :thumb:

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf RickL66! Have fun reading and posting in here and hope your stay will be a pleasant experience too! Great pics of your family and your precious daughter-she's adorable and a cutie! Welcome aboard!! :)

cjester27 said:
Hello there Rick. Here's hoping everything is going well there. Was wondering what parts of Colorado are you from? And....how's the weather there?

I'm from Westminster which is a northwest suburb of Denver. As for the weather, we got snow! Let it snow!

Last edited:
Leah said:
Your daughter is such a cutie. I want to be a preschool teacher to teach deaf/cochlear implant children. I love little ones. They are the best. :) Does your wife have cochlear implant? Could you get another implant now if you wanted to?
Leah

Thanks for the compliments on my daughter!

My wife does not have a cochlear implant. She does not plan to. I could get another implant if I wanted to, but I have chose not to. I had two implants, the second was to replace the first defect one. I don't like operations. :ugh:

Hello Rick and Family! Welcome here! Your family picture is gorgeous and your daughter's picture is cutiepie. Your children are soooo cute!! Can my boy be your Adalyn's date when they grow up? My boy is 2 year old and he is a cutie..

Anyway, Welcome here!!

Back