New!

Marie18

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm Marie age 32. I have been deaf almost all my life.(I had whooping cough when I was 4 and a half and lost 70% of my hearing because of this) I have two children who both hear fine.
I'm here because I would like to talk to other deaf people. I've never really seen or been able to compare my experiences or heard other peoples.
I'd like to feel that I'm not alone in the world - being deaf.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I am glad that we can help you not feel alone with all those hearing people around you. I know the feeling before I joined the Deaf community later after I graduated from high school long time ago. I do hope you will be able to find Deaf community soon in your area or another city. I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

welcome and join on in

This has been a great experience for me as a lone hoh that also has not socialized with others in the deaf and hoh community. These are a really great bunch of people!

Oh you are not alone. I read somewhere that 1% of the population starts out deaf from birth and another 1% become deaf. That is 2% of the population.

There are 350,000,000 people in the US alone. That is seven hundred million people.

The population of New York City is only eight hundred million.

There are quite a few entire states whose population is under 700,000,000.

Back