New York Department of Rehabiliation

kalboy

Reaction score
Hello fellow Alldeafers,
Can anyone direct me to the website or the office of New York department of rehabiliation? I envison that there is chance that I will go back to school, and I would like to find out what kind of services I can receive from the Department of Rehabiliation at NY. If you have any leads.. please please help me out! :ily:

that was a super fast reply! thanks! Can you also tell me about the experience you had with them?

kalboy said:
that was a super fast reply! thanks! Can you also tell me about the experience you had with them?
I don't think she can help you. She's from Missouri. Each state has their own VR. It's actually easy to find your own VR office through Google.

Also thru the Dept of VR website...heh heh.

But I havent had any type of VR help since the early 80's when we had to go to court against them...they refuse to help me again...*smh* I guess they're sore losers.

Heh!

Love,
DD

DreamDeaf said:
Also thru the Dept of VR website...heh heh.

But I havent had any type of VR help since the early 80's when we had to go to court against them...they refuse to help me again...*smh* I guess they're sore losers.

Heh!

Love,
DD
Why did you go to court against them?

Being called a dumb blonde bimbo by the DIRECTOR himself...*smh*...

My parents and I didnt see eye to eye with him...he wanted me to go to a remedial college...when I wanted to go to an UNIVERSITY...he felt that all deafies should be bundled together into two at that time...NTID and Gallaudet. I wanted Utah State University, thank you. Period.

So he was calling me that just outside the office door...he didnt even think bout my mother being there with me!

*smh*

Oh well...good riddance to him.

Love
DD

DreamDeaf said:
Being called a dumb blonde bimbo by the DIRECTOR himself...*smh*...

My parents and I didnt see eye to eye with him...he wanted me to go to a remedial college...when I wanted to go to an UNIVERSITY...he felt that all deafies should be bundled together into two at that time...NTID and Gallaudet. I wanted Utah State University, thank you. Period.

So he was calling me that just outside the office door...he didnt even think bout my mother being there with me!

*smh*

Oh well...good riddance to him.

Love
DD
now you got me "Curious George"... what happened to the guy who insulted you outside of the room.. did he got fired or something... hope u got some good result...

Sweet louise i totally agree no one should be insulted for any aspect, u want to go to that unverisity or any colleges THEN U have to be supported for ANY colleges/unverisities Sheesh no matter what don't put us deafies down for something we're capable of! we CAN do anything except hear on the phone so live with it or shove it up hundred ways to sunday!

Back