New Years Resolutions

Hopefully I will make it to find my really home.

This goal was successfully made :)

My new goal will be quitting smoking and vaporing with the electronic cigarette instead.

Would you mind explaining what you mean by finding your real home?

Sorry that I haven't answer your question for a very long time, well it's long story, but I am going to summarize it. My parents take control over my money that I got from the motorcycle accident when I was 4 years old and struggling to accept to cooperate with my parents and live in a ugly 70's mobile home on a lot where my parents want to invest it which I don't want to buy to invest, I just want a home that I can stay.

But we already solved the problem, they returned the money to me and I bought another house and are proudly of my house today :)

This goal was successfully made :)

My new goal will be quitting smoking and vaporing with the electronic cigarette instead.

Sorry that I haven't answer your question for a very long time, well it's long story, but I am going to summarize it. My parents take control over my money that I got from the motorcycle accident when I was 4 years old and struggling to accept to cooperate with my parents and live in a ugly 70's mobile home on a lot where my parents want to invest it which I don't want to buy to invest, I just want a home that I can stay.

But we already solved the problem, they returned the money to me and I bought another house and are proudly of my house today :)

congrats on succeeding in last years resolutions! :)

I am not sure at this stage... I am hoping to either find a new job or start a new course...

well for one i am going to try to work god into my daily routine, and finally its dawned on me, download a daily podcast each night whilst charging the ipod up then listen to it first thing in the morning at work along with my music. Hey you gotta start somewhere. I think if i put god first, everything else will start falling into place for me.

As for other resolutions - trying to eat healthier, no major diet over hauls, but just generally trying to work healthier snacks into my diet.

I hope everyone here had a wonderful christmas and wish everyone the best for 2008!!

amen

My resolutions is to stop working too much to over my days off for my boss. :cool: Get back to my writing and finish it to get it publish. My goal is to find at least 300 agents for 2008 to get my memoir out worldwide same for my first of five mystery novels. My wishes for everyone to be peace with each other and live their life to their fulliest as if their days may be last.

mind telling me what are your first five mystery novels ???? I am curious, I am Stephen King fan smiles

New Years Resolutions..

People make them and then stick with them for a few days even months then break them... How many of you have actually seen someone stick with a New Years Resolution.. If so then tell me what it was and how long did you stick with it.

I made mine my promis to quit smoking and drinking in December and did not smoke any thru year of 2002 so I am smoke free since than have been cold turkey Dec. 15th 2001 that was my best new 2002 year even thru I gained 30 pounds of food that year lol but I am losing all em weigh this year since I am back in health again will try to eat more fruit and vegetables and stay on my rountine too . Now I can run and chase my son better than I did before 2002 lol smiles . HOw I did it just stay away from people who smokes and don't go in bars if you must drink buy beers . whiskey or wine and drink at home is best place to be . I'm glad I quit smoking and drinking I feel much great and t hankful for God's trust and faith in me !

I broke the one I made last year (be the first person on earth to take the food pyramid seriously) but I'm going to make sure that I don't break this year's. I'm resoluting (prob. not a word) to sleep 11 hours a night.

Gotta make sure I get enough sleep.

I broke the one I made last year (be the first person on earth to take the food pyramid seriously) but I'm going to make sure that I don't break this year's. I'm resoluting (prob. not a word) to sleep 11 hours a night.

Gotta make sure I get enough sleep.

:eek3: 11 hours! Wow, that is alot of sleep! They say most poeple only need 8 or 9 hours a night.

Well since this thread is from a year ago originally, perhaps since we have reference point, those who posted last year could state what their 2008 successes were and what their 2009 plans are.

I'll start:
Well God is still in a box so to speak, although I did give him more of my attention. I lost 60 pounds (I currently weigh 132 pounds) I got a new truck in May, went on a road trip to Texas and back in June, then I started Uni in August despite my health scare.

2008 truly was great, and it will go down as one of the most memorable years of my life.

2009 seems very scary for me, especialy with the closure of my company and the scarcity of jobs currently available. If I can get a full-time job I'll be OK, but for now I cannot quit my current job until I have another one firmly in place. I was hoping to get on at the other poultry plant, but the crappy weather messed that up.

My plans for 2009 are to find stable employment, lose another 20-30 pounds (Im obsessed with getting rid of my thunder thighs)

once i get a hand drum, ill be practicing as long it takes
good thing im hard of hearing,
but more is feeling the drum in my heart
when snow start to melt
ill be walking out my door
and start on my new journey
seeing my families up north, seeing my twin nieces,
seeing my friends down south, then head to east
keep on walking helping people much as i can
try to be there for them much as i can
miigwech

To try to exercise more and eat more healthy foods.

Me, too. I am overweight... and I am 5'6" tall. I am working on exercising more and eat a lot of healthy foods, like salads, vegetables and fruits, for instance. Hey, can I join you, Botti? :giggle: :)

:eek3: 11 hours! Wow, that is alot of sleep! They say most poeple only need 8 or 9 hours a night.

I remember last fall, I slept 16 hours because I was dead tired when I got back from a cruise trip and then, next day, I went to see my PCP because I complained that I was SO tired for a week... and that my thyroid glands were sore and swollen. They examined and sent me to the Endocrinologist immediately and so, the rest of the story as I said earlier in my Introduce Myself post. I never slept 16 hours before in my life. :eek: (Poor my family all were worried about my whereabouts!!!) I only sleep between 7-8 hours a night.

~ Pass my ACT on Feburary 7th (wish me luck!)
~ Keep up with my work out and hopefully return to my healthy weight (around 160 LBS)
~ Get into Auburn University of Montgomery next Fall
~ Get a job
~ Get a driver's license

And so on forth.

I normally don't make New Year's Resolutions but for some reason, I feel like I could achieve them all so here they are! :)

I don't believe in making New Year's Resolutions because it stresses me out. If I'm actually thinking about resolutions then I may as well do it now that's if I'm ready for it. I'll do it when I'm good and ready. :hmm:

For me, continue with my new exercise routine and dont eat dinner anymore. :giggle:

I did stick with my exercise routine so I kept it. As for not eating dinner...got too hungry so I just stop eating after 7 PM. Many people said I look a lot thinner..I feel it too. :)

This year, because of our economic woes, I am gonna try to limit my spending to things I really need and try to pay off my debt some more.

Also, continue with my exercise routine.

I don't believe in making New Year's Resolutions because it stresses me out. If I'm actually thinking about resolutions then I may as well do it now that's if I'm ready for it. I'll do it when I'm good and ready. :hmm:

Ditto on that! I don't believe in putting "false promises" on myself and then stressing on it because I set myself up for failure.

I believe in daily goals, setting up short-term goals and achieve those. It's very important to feel very goal-oriented and accomplished rather than feel like a failure because you set yourself up for an impossible task.

Nothing wrong with setting realistic goals.

Setting unrealistic resolutions is setting yourself up for failure.

Back