New (Well old...) Hearing Aids! Even decorated :D

Reaction score
I had the old HAs (Phonak) as a kid, then switched to my MicroRITE (Siemens)... and now have the Phonak HAs again! They are for class use, as my MicroRITE don't have a FM System (boot... receiver all that) so I am very happy that I have the Old HAs working (minus the fact that the ear 'mold' piece is driving me nuts as it's a cone NOT a dome. Itchy ears aren't cool).

I can't wait to get BRAND new HAs for next semesters classes or next years.

- Did that all make sense? I'm a bit ... a lot ... excited:giggle:

Attachments

• HAPimps.jpg
    HAPimps.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 26
This is a real weird question but do your cones / tubes work their way out of your ears because the hearing aids are so big and pull on them?

I used to have the same FM receivers and found them to pull on my ears :)

This is a real weird question but do your cones / tubes work their way out of your ears because the hearing aids are so big and pull on them?

I used to have the same FM receivers and found them to pull on my ears :)

It does. It's really loose too, heavy. I dislike the cones/domes they drive me insane! But I can't get molds because "They block out the hearing" as I have SNHL so it's all "tunnel" talk and hearing. But I love the molds more than the domes and sldkfjsdlkfj I WANT TO SWITCH BACK AND Ugh.

Either the tubing is still too long... or the weight of the HA is pushing the cones in, the cones hurt my inside of ears, as if they are poking and scratching.

It does. It's really loose too, heavy. I dislike the cones/domes they drive me insane! But I can't get molds because "They block out the hearing" as I have SNHL so it's all "tunnel" talk and hearing. But I love the molds more than the domes and sldkfjsdlkfj I WANT TO SWITCH BACK AND Ugh.

Either the tubing is still too long... or the weight of the HA is pushing the cones in, the cones hurt my inside of ears, as if they are poking and scratching.

You not able to get earmolds with huge vents? My friend couldn't get on wth the domes etc so has been using earmolds with huge vents and she is very happy. The huge vents will mean they don't block out the hearing etc :)

Oh she also has hard earmolds and she is happy as hard earmolds last a lot longer then soft ones. Her first pair of earmolds lasted 7 years and she is on her 2nd pair now which is 3 years old. They also look brand new still as they don't go yellow. :)

You not able to get earmolds with huge vents? My friend couldn't get on wth the domes etc so has been using earmolds with huge vents and she is very happy. The huge vents will mean they don't block out the hearing etc :)

Oh she also has hard earmolds and she is happy as hard earmolds last a lot longer then soft ones. Her first pair of earmolds lasted 7 years and she is on her 2nd pair now which is 3 years old. They also look brand new still as they don't go yellow. :)

I honestly have no idea. I'll try wearing the HAs this weekend, if they still bother my ears I'll go back to Audi and say "Earmolds, please? These cones are hurting" I can't put domes either because it's an older version HA. (Eleva 311)

That is amazing! She must take realllyyy good care of them :) YAY!

I honestly have no idea. I'll try wearing the HAs this weekend, if they still bother my ears I'll go back to Audi and say "Earmolds, please? These cones are hurting" I can't put domes either because it's an older version HA. (Eleva 311)

That is amazing! She must take realllyyy good care of them :) YAY!

Try em out this weekend and see but hard earmolds last and last so getting hard earmolds won't be anymore expensive then using domes or cones as well if they continue to hurt you :)

Oh btw we were chatting on Instagram not long ago about FM systems :)

Try em out this weekend and see but hard earmolds last and last so getting hard earmolds won't be anymore expensive then using domes or cones as well if they continue to hurt you :)

Oh btw we were chatting on Instagram not long ago about FM systems :)

I so will! They're expensive... and I can always ask my Audi to get molds for me ...

We were?!
*Stalks my Instagram photos* xD

I had the old HAs (Phonak) as a kid, then switched to my MicroRITE (Siemens)... and now have the Phonak HAs again! They are for class use, as my MicroRITE don't have a FM System (boot... receiver all that) so I am very happy that I have the Old HAs working (minus the fact that the ear 'mold' piece is driving me nuts as it's a cone NOT a dome. Itchy ears aren't cool).

I can't wait to get BRAND new HAs for next semesters classes or next years.

- Did that all make sense? I'm a bit ... a lot ... excited:giggle:

I have always had molds, and sometimes my ear itches like crazy. what causes that?

;) btw, make sure it's hypnoallergenic if full colored ones makes you itchy!!!

It's the clear kind of mold. Yes, I got earmolds :P From the weight of the HA... it made the cones dig into my ear... so we're going earmold. Since I can't or didn't request colours I'm pimping my HAs with Tuberiders :)

Back