New to This

Reaction score
Hi. I'm what's tabbed as a "late deafened" young (according to me-lol) lady from upstate NY. Having lost my hearing totally in the summer of 2009, I am still learning how to be deaf. I've taken some ASL courses, and know the basics...kinda. But, beacuse I live, work, eat and breathe in the "hearing" world, where no one uses ASL..it's hard to learn more, and hard to keep up with it. Crazy. It's taken me some reall-life changing adjusting, but I'm making it. I'm told that I read lips well (Whoo-knew!)...or....that what I think they said - lol! Anywhoo, I came across AllDeaf and joined. It's gonna be nice chatting, reading, friending and learning from this place. Yours Truly, Whoo-Ville Honey.

Welcome to AD. I hope you do enjoy it and find many friends.

welcome to Alldeaf enjoy forum fun anytime alldeaf :D

Hello, 081109 - your username is an interesting one because i noticed no one has the "numbers" username here. I take it that means you became deaf on August 11, 2009? I am from Upstate NY, specifically Western NY. What about you? Welcome to AD.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. That is the first time that you use the username for numbers instead of names or words. Funny thing is if we are using numbers with no names, then we are the objects or the things instead of being humans. Having the name is the identity of who a person is as personal, otherwise we will be numbers to the governments and other organizations that we are not humans at all. It is like how many people are numbered all over the world without names. Imagine! Is that crazy? Eh? :(

I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back