New to this site

SteveB

Reaction score
Hey...
Im HOH, progressively so. Now I know why people have been speaking more and more in whispers over the years! Tired of trying so so hard to communicate. Slowwwwly learning ASL at Gallaudet...have a ways to go!

Hello welcome to alldeaf :)

you hard to struggle slow learn motivate on ASL :) wish be enjoy your take an learn ASL!

It's totally cool, but I'm afraid I'll never be able to communicate effectively. My hand actually aches from goofy finger spelling. Thanks for the encouragement though.

It's totally cool, but I'm afraid I'll never be able to communicate effectively. My hand actually aches from goofy finger spelling. Thanks for the encouragement though.

your welcome I understand
do you have problem hand aches it is not easy! it is pretty hard ache is hard pretty on ache is, it is rough!!

Nice to communicate relaxed. No straining to hear. Why didn't I start sooner?!

I wish I'd learned ASL many years ago! A lot of people don't want to know me because I have some hearing. Maybe it's because my signing is so basic and bad. My thumbs go everywhere. The DEAF community seems hard to break into if you can hear. I guess ill just have to try harder. Ah...I'm just frustrated. I'll get over it.

Hi Steve, I know how you feel. Also HoH with declining hearing. And slowly learning ASL. Welcome.

I wish I'd learned ASL many years ago! A lot of people don't want to know me because I have some hearing. Maybe it's because my signing is so basic and bad. My thumbs go everywhere. The DEAF community seems hard to break into if you can hear. I guess ill just have to try harder. Ah...I'm just frustrated. I'll get over it.

I understand! People have problem frustrated on ASL sign language!,! take an times on learn it how sign language! I think so you more motivates!!!

Hey Soul...thanks! How long have you been learning ASL?

It's been about 4 months, but only with tutor once a week. I was also practicing with someone at work, but he's more SEE. This month is a bit of a loss, she's had a lot of meetings for back to school, so picking it up after Labor day. Just practicing on my own till then. I enjoy it, but gets frustrating saying what so much to hearing and signing. :lol: I'm going to town where deaf school is Friday, so we'll see how well I'm doing then.

I've been studying on my own for a few months. Starting a course ar Galleudet next week.

Back