new to the site and have waardenburg syndrome !

brittany87

Reaction score
hi ,
i am new to the site and i have waardenburg syndrome. i do not know any one with the syndrome besides my sister.... just here to get to know people.... have fun....you know.... please message back

:welcome: to AD! There are a few members here that have WS. I know a few people with WS personally.

Banjo does if I recall correctly. Waardenburg's is very common overall actually.

Banjo does if I recall correctly. Waardenburg's is very common overall actually.

Yes, I do have it. :)

Though it is a VERY rare genetic disorder. At least in general, but the reason why it is more common among the deaf is because deafness is one of the characteristic traits. I believe it's around 1 in every 50,000. But I do recall reading somewhere that in deaf schools, 1 in every 30 deaf students carry the Waardenburg syndrome.

P.S., you should be able to see that my eyes in the avatar are brown and blue.

Though it is a VERY rare genetic disorder. At least in general, but the reason why it is more common among the deaf is because deafness is one of the characteristic traits. I believe it's around 1 in every 50,000. But I do recall reading somewhere that in deaf schools, 1 in every 30 deaf students carry the Waardenburg syndrome.

I hadnt noticed that about you till you brought it up. I remember saying to someone who has a brown eye and a blue eye the first time I met her: "I thought browns eyes were dominant over blue eyes?"

Whoops, hahahaha...............I meant that Waardenburg's is a very common Deaf community syndrome. It's seen a lot in the Deaf community. But it's rare in the general lcommunity.

1 in 15,000 i looked up in wikipedia lol
i didnt know about that till now, now i know why 2 of my friend looked funny *no offense* and looked similiar (white hershey kisses shaped patch hair) do you have that? (white hair)

1 in 15,000 i looked up in wikipedia lol
i didnt know about that till now, now i know why 2 of my friend looked funny *no offense* and looked similiar (white hershey kisses shaped patch hair) do you have that? (white hair)

I don't have a patch of white hair, instead my hair started greying prematurely.

Back