New to hearing aids n having issues

meeganb

Reaction score
I've had hearing aids for approx 6 months now and I'm still struggling with them
I have bilateral Semiens pure aids.
I've had to send them back twice under warranty as they stopped working due to excess moisture.
I'm not sure if it's started happening again because my left ear seems very quite all of a sudden. Put new batteries and domes on them. Not sure what else to try.....

It could be. Y hearing as lately people have been scaring me easy coz I don't hear them walk up until they start talking. The other day I nearly beat my poor fiancé when he came home from work thinking someone had broken in!!!

Any ideas that could help me?!

I've had hearing aids for approx 6 months now and I'm still struggling with them
I have bilateral Semiens pure aids.
I've had to send them back twice under warranty as they stopped working due to excess moisture.
I'm not sure if it's started happening again because my left ear seems very quite all of a sudden. Put new batteries and domes on them. Not sure what else to try.....

It could be. Y hearing as lately people have been scaring me easy coz I don't hear them walk up until they start talking. The other day I nearly beat my poor fiancé when he came home from work thinking someone had broken in!!!

Any ideas that could help me?!

Perhaps the left HA has moisture in the tubing. You should be able to separate the tube from the HA and blow it out and see if it helps. You might also have wax in the tube which would also block the sound. If your audiologist hasn't already recommended it I would get something like the Global Dry & Store, it will reduce the number of moisture related problems with the HA's.

Thanks so much Seb!!
I think I'll have to look into the drying agent!!
I'll also have a look at pulling them apart!! Is this something I should do regularly?
Thanks
Meegan

Thanks so much Seb!!
I think I'll have to look into the drying agent!!
I'll also have a look at pulling them apart!! Is this something I should do regularly?
Thanks
Meegan

I wouldn't pull apart your hearing aids without checking first with your audiologist, because you need to be sure that you have the type of hearing aid that you can take apart (I don't know if Siemens Pure has a thick or thin tube or whether it has a wire running through the tube). You don't want to do anything that will void your warranty or ruin it.

I wouldn't pull apart your hearing aids without checking first with your audiologist, because you need to be sure that you have the type of hearing aid that you can take apart (I don't know if Siemens Pure has a thick or thin tube or whether it has a wire running through the tube). You don't want to do anything that will void your warranty or ruin it.

Thanks crickets!! Will head to the audiologist n check with them n find out what's going on thanks heaps

I would also suggest moisture free tubes for your ear molds. I have them in my molds and they keep moisture out of my ears very well. Even on a hot and muggy summer day. The normal tubes that comes with the ear molds sucks.

Back