New to ASL

AmberRose30

Reaction score
Hello All :wave:

I am a hearing woman who recently has begun ASL Classes here in North Carolina. After starting my new job back in January I discovered that I would be working closely with one of the ASL Instructors and that I was completely incapable of having a conversation with him. I decided to take one of the classes he taught in effort to be able to communicate more efficiently with him. However, throughout the course of the class, I have grown to love the language and wish to further my studies and understanding of ASL, Deaf Culture, and the wonderful people who make up the Deaf Community. Unfortunately, though, I am not able to attend many of the Deaf Socials, so I'm finding that meeting people with whom I can practice ASL with is limited.

I do not wish to offend anyone of this forum and if by joining I have done so, please accept my deepest apologies. I truly do wish to connect with members of the Deaf Community and, in doing so, I hope to make lifelong friendships along the way.

I look forward to chatting sometime soon.

Sincerely,
Amber

Offend? No... =P I'm more than happy to help any "hearie" out that wants to learn about ASL and the community. =) It's much better than being one who judges and assumes. Not to mention better than the ones who talk louder and slower to you so you can understand them better... Nothing quite burns my biscuits like those people can... >.< Welcome, and I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors. =D

Back