new to ASL :)

anamc

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Ana. I've always been interested in ASL.. even as a child.. I'm not sure why.. all of my family is hearing, but it's always been a deep interest of mine! So I just graduated high school and I decided to do something about my interest with ASL.. This summer I took a course, just Basic ASL, but I had a lot of f un with it and I'm hoping to make friends on here to help me practice! Would anyone be willing to Oovoo or Skype to help me practice and teach me more?

I have to warn you.. I really don't know that much yet and I finger-spell A LOT (i used to be reeeally slow but my fingerspelling has gotten much better.. for me at least).. and also I guess I technically know SEE and not ASL.. but I'm willing to take help from anyone! Please respond if you're interested! :wave:

So, you're just taking sign language class for fun? Not taking career course such as interpreter or VP relay interpreter (or as known as VRS).

SEE or do you mean signed english/pidgen asl? Totally different things :)

Hello Ana how long your ASL? experience? level your ASL course let know me! I can assist ?

I know translate to SEE already :)

Lots of SEE have fluents pretty learn it ASL :)

i think becoming an interpreter could definitely be a possibility in my future.. for right now I am just fulfilling a life long interest of mine!!

So, you're just taking sign language class for fun? Not taking career course such as interpreter or VP relay interpreter (or as known as VRS).

i just finished a 4 week long course so i only know the basics... im just fingerspelling ALL the time :l but its good practice i suppose.. i want to learn a lot more though!! mostly everything i know for now is basic like colors, foods, animals, times, etc. i some simple phrases but not a whole lot.
Hello Ana how long your ASL? experience? level your ASL course let know me! I can assist ?

I know translate to SEE already :)

Lots of SEE have fluents pretty learn it ASL :)

i just finished a 4 week long course so i only know the basics... im just fingerspelling ALL the time :l but its good practice i suppose.. i want to learn a lot more though!! mostly everything i know for now is basic like colors, foods, animals, times, etc. i some simple phrases but not a whole lot.

No worry, It is difficult to struggle on learn learn it ASL really pretty lots of improve skill!

I userstand I can help you,solve :) I will teach sign language anytime

thank you! do you have skype??
No worry, It is difficult to struggle on learn learn it ASL really pretty lots of improve skill!

I userstand I can help you,solve :) I will teach sign language anytime

Back