New to Alldeaf

Oneof2

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I think I finally figured out how to post so I'm here to introduce myself. I've been a member since May 16, 2012 but just now figuring out how stuff works. A little slow, don't ya think? I'm looking to make some new friends.

I lost my hearing in my left ear when I was 3 years old and gradually in my right ear due to inoperable otosclerosis. I've been profoundly deaf for quite a while now but I still use a hearing aid. I learned English Sign about 20 years ago but now am trying to learn ASL.

I am an identical twin and my twin sister also has a profound loss in her left ear but has a mild loss in her right ear. I think she is losing more hearing in her right ear. It is most difficult for her since she has been a hearing person most of her life. I'm used to being deaf because I've been that way most of my life.

I went to the House Clinic in Los Angeles, CA years ago and they gave me massive doses of sodium fluoride to stabilize my loss from Otosclerosis but now they don't use that treatment. They also used Histamine therapy on me to bring back the circulation to my right ear since I lost most of my hearing in my right ear in 3 months. They don't do those procedures any more. Does anyone know how they stabilize progressive losses these days?

I will appreciate whatever information you could provide. I also welcome anyone who cares to share with me.

I stabilize my progressive hearing loss by fighting against my thresholds :) that's what I always do anyhow. (right team, right hearing aid, right program)

Welcome to AD. You will find some terrific people here. Good luck!!

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Enjoy reading and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

Hi and welcome...I am honestly not sure how they do it these days. I've just let my go and just let it be. But I would be curious to know if you ever find out. I always love learning about new things. :)

Back