New to AD

bearmom

Reaction score
Hi.
I am new to AD. I am a student in interpreting. This is my third semester back at school after a 20 year break. I have been married for 21 years, 2 teenagers and 2 cats ( Dusty, almost 9 years old and diabetic and Missy, 2 years old).
I am really enjoying learning ASL and about Deaf culture. I have been fortunate to meet some really great Deaf students at my school. They have been so paitent and encouraging to me. I keep trying and trying.
I don't have experience in chat rooms. Its only been since I started back to school that I've started using the net.
Looking forward to making some new friends.

BearMom

:wave: :welcome: to AllDeaf bearmom!!! I hope you will enjoy your stay on AllDeaf, and have fun posting.
Best of luck on your interpreting classes, and get out into the interpreting world soon. We need good interpreters so very badly!!! Good luck!!

Hiya, Welcome to AD! and enjoy here. U know, it never been late to learn sign language or become interpeter!! :)

Thanks for the welcomes.
I love all the art work you all put in your replies. Maybe I'll get brave and try some for my posts in the future.
Bearmom

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf bearmom! It's always good to see when others are learning to become interpreters and having a genuine interest learning ASL, also being fortunate to interact with others who are fluent in ASL and meeting friends--sure wish you the very best and success as you continue with the course! Hope you will enjoy your stay here in AD as well!! ;)

Herzlich Willkommen zu AD

Come and share your posts here with us :thumb:

Hello Bearmom! :wave:

Welcome to ALLDeaf and enjoy your stay here.. ;)

bearmom said:
Hi.
I am new to AD. I am a student in interpreting. This is my third semester back at school after a 20 year break. I have been married for 21 years, 2 teenagers and 2 cats ( Dusty, almost 9 years old and diabetic and Missy, 2 years old).
I am really enjoying learning ASL and about Deaf culture. I have been fortunate to meet some really great Deaf students at my school. They have been so paitent and encouraging to me. I keep trying and trying.
I don't have experience in chat rooms. Its only been since I started back to school that I've started using the net.
Looking forward to making some new friends.

BearMom

wow 21 years of marriage...thats a long long time. you got married when i was 2

AJ That made me feel old. Wait. I am!!!
Most of the students in my classes are young enough to be my children. They tease me about being the mom of the class. They never make me feel left out even though I'm so much older. They are very encouraging to me when I sign. Last week for my ASL class, we had to sign a song and they were cheering for me before I got started!
Bearmom :giggle:

23_3_36.gif
to AD.

I hope you will enjoy being with us and happy posting away! :)

Hi Bearmom I'm new to this too, never been on a chat line befor, feels a bit strange, talking to people in the air. :-o

Back