New T-Mobile MDA

Dennis said:
The MDA and the Sprint PPC-6700 are virtually the same thing, only the Sprint phone has some advantages over the MDA:

1) Faster processor
2) Sprint's CDMA coverage
3) Sprint's Power Vision EV-DO plans and coverage
4) EV-DO is faster than EDGE

Hi Dennis... I notice that you always speak highly on anything that is related to Sprint and also, CSDVRS. Are you employee for either of Sprint or CSDVRS or CSD?

Gemtun said:
I ordered it and should get it this coming Friday. The monthly plan is 29.99 for unlimited internet & emailing and 300 text messages. The phone plan is not included so you can get it for 29.99 if you dont want the phone plan.

I cant wait to get my MDA! :)

Gemtun,

Since you got your MDA, I am curious... do you like it so far? My husband is thinking about buying me one. So... is it worth to get it? Please let us know how you feel about your new device! I am so curious!!!

Thanks!

Bewitched said:
Gemtun,

Since you got your MDA, I am curious... do you like it so far? My husband is thinking about buying me one. So... is it worth to get it? Please let us know how you feel about your new device! I am so curious!!!

Thanks!

Actually it is very nice with all features - but it is hard to type on it. YOu have to sit very still to do AIM or emails - I use the stylus pen a lot - it is great with that, but I cant type fast nonetheless.

It is really amazing to see how it works- so many gorgeous features - but I still have not decided if I would keep it or not. I have a few more days to think about it. It is not like I fell in love immediately with it like I did with my Sidekick II.

Dennis said:
The MDA and the Sprint PPC-6700 are virtually the same thing, only the Sprint phone has some advantages over the MDA:

1) Faster processor
2) Sprint's CDMA coverage
3) Sprint's Power Vision EV-DO plans and coverage
4) EV-DO is faster than EDGE

Who cares? I prefers MDA over Sprint PPC-6700 though.

You just heck for not believe with everybody, also, Gemtun is 100% right.

Tard

Umts/hsdpa

We need a dual-band UMTS/HSDPA (3G) phone or/and PDA. UMTS/HSDPA will be available in USA end of year or 2007. UMTS/HSDPA is 1.5 to 2 times faster speed than EV-DO (2.5G). I won't buy MDA or PDA now. It can use video calls (Not video capture). It alwways use in Europe and Japan, too.

TrippLA said:
Who cares? I prefers MDA over Sprint PPC-6700 though.

You just heck for not believe with everybody, also, Gemtun is 100% right.

Tard

WTF? Sure seems like you care, since you call people retarded for not having the same opinion you have which is based off of liking one service which is clearly inferior to the other nationwide cellular services. I give facts which state that Sprint's PPC-6700 has hardware and service that provide a better value, yet you stubbornly maintain your opinion and try to shout down anyone else who doesn't agree with you.

At least you're only text on a messageboard, and not in any position to affect anything in the real world.

Dennis said:
WTF? Sure seems like you care, since you call people retarded for not having the same opinion you have which is based off of liking one service which is clearly inferior to the other nationwide cellular services. I give facts which state that Sprint's PPC-6700 has hardware and service that provide a better value, yet you stubbornly maintain your opinion and try to shout down anyone else who doesn't agree with you.

At least you're only text on a messageboard, and not in any position to affect anything in the real world.

I have only problem with u about compare with between MDA and Sprint PPC-6700 since this topic is just discuss about MDA, not others. Both of them are good depends on them with favorite brand. You need believe what Gemtun said about $30 monthly but some of my deaf friend at our school owned new MDA and monthly fee is $30. I'm finally decided to get MDA in summer. Our school (public high school) have around 25 deaf students with mixed special ed and mainstream.

Whatever, I just apologize for called tard but too late to edit it. That's all ur opinion.

dbarovian said:
We need a dual-band UMTS/HSDPA (3G) phone or/and PDA. UMTS/HSDPA will be available in USA end of year or 2007. UMTS/HSDPA is 1.5 to 2 times faster speed than EV-DO (2.5G). I won't buy MDA or PDA now. It can use video calls (Not video capture). It alwways use in Europe and Japan, too.

Dude, EV-DO is NOT 2.5G. In fact, CDMA-EVDO's predecessor, CDMA-2000 is considered is considered 3G, or 2.75G, depending on who you talk to.

http://www.3gtoday.com/

Since video on cell phones won't be happening for at least another 2 years, yes, I would suggest that if you're in the market for a cell phone today, get something, don't wait until the video stuff comes out because it'll be a while.

TrippLA said:
I have only problem with u about compare with between MDA and Sprint PPC-6700 since this topic is just discuss about MDA, not others. Both of them are good depends on them with favorite brand. You need believe what Gemtun said about $30 monthly but some of my deaf friend at our school owned new MDA and monthly fee is $30. I'm finally decided to get MDA in summer. Our school (public high school) have around 25 deaf students with mixed special ed and mainstream.

Whatever, I just apologize for called tard but too late to edit it. That's all ur opinion.

So, this phone has only been out for two weeks and already "some" of your deaf high school friends in a public high school in Los Angeles (which I can only assume is probably Burbank high school) already have MDAs and a $30 plan? Uh huh, okay, yeah. Fortunately, I grew up in the San Fernando Valley and I'm still friends with an interpreter at that school, and I can check on that. Thanks!

Dennis said:
So, this phone has only been out for two weeks and already "some" of your deaf high school friends in a public high school in Los Angeles (which I can only assume is probably Burbank high school) already have MDAs and a $30 plan? Uh huh, okay, yeah. Fortunately, I grew up in the San Fernando Valley and I'm still friends with an interpreter at that school, and I can check on that. Thanks!

Man, I'm student at Van Nuys HS with other 25 deaf students.

TrippLA said:
This rating is just nothing to shows fact, that's their opinion and creates own rating. I prefer take T-Mobile over Sprint.

Did you compare another wireless PDA yet or is it definely your decision to purchase MDA?

Did you ask your high school fellows if they may have Verizon Wireless XV6700?

Dennis said:
Dude, EV-DO is NOT 2.5G. In fact, CDMA-EVDO's predecessor, CDMA-2000 is considered is considered 3G, or 2.75G, depending on who you talk to.

http://www.3gtoday.com/

Since video on cell phones won't be happening for at least another 2 years, yes, I would suggest that if you're in the market for a cell phone today, get something, don't wait until the video stuff comes out because it'll be a while.

Right, EV-DO cannot be used for video calls, hence the name "Evolution-Data Only" The type of CDMA 3G that would be needed for video calls in EV-DV, or Evolution-Data and Voice.

UMTS/HSDPA can be used for video calls

High-speed HSDPA network which can be transmitting full motion video.

http://www.mobiletechnews.com/info/2005/12/06/180900.html

Mookie said:
Did you compare another wireless PDA yet or is it definely your decision to purchase MDA?

Did you ask your high school fellows if they may have Verizon Wireless XV6700?

It's my decision. Most kids at my school that only have Cingular and T-Mobile.

Hey ya again Gemtun,

We just got MDA. We are liking the new device and so fascinated with the pager. But we are having hard times with internet and email. The question is how do we keep gsprs to stay on at all times? Not keep disconnecting all the times!

And you have to send email also you dont know when they will email unless you click send/recieve?

It is kind of frustrating. grr. Any suggestions?

I am embarassed, but I am glad this is an opportunity that I can grab...

I have two hearie kids, 16 yr old and 11 yr old.
My husb has own biz.

My monthly TMobile bill is 160 per month.

My husband needs one phone for his biz; requires somone to phone.

My husb also has Sidekick and I have blackberry - we communicate by emailing each other. We use internet from time to time.

My 16 yr old also has a blackberry and he is a hearie, uses it for phone, internet, text-messaging.

There is 4 phones in total for 160 per mo. Tooooo much.

My 11 yr old got pre-paid phone - Virgin Mobile - we pay $25 from time to time usually 1 1/2 month.

16 yr old says contract expires in 6/06.

My goal....is to keep my husb's phone nbr and my husband to keep his Sidekick phone nbr. I can give up my phone number I am looking for cheaper one. Text messaging only or Internet.

I would want to disconnect my son's account. He can get pre-paid - much cheaper this way, but he won't give up internet. He needs to learn to work and earn money.

Thank you so much for your advice.

Can this get virus? well the answer is yes! Because it is running under Micro$oft PDA OS! There is too many holes in there for virus writer to take advantage of. Sidekick got its own OS by Danger, Inc., meaning these virus writer don't know how it was written so therefore have no way to create viruses for them.
Need more proof? Its been everywhere for years! Have you ever heard of any viruses attacking other OS like MAC, IBM AS400, Unix OS, etc? Rare? of course! Its mostly Micro$oft! So expect viruses and hacker to creep in any Micro$oft Operating system!

Most hackers and viruses writers were targeting against Micro$oft for destroying alot of software companies.

TrippLA said:
Any proof?

If not then ur an tard

Can this get virus? well the answer is yes! Because it is running under Micro$oft PDA OS!

I haven't seen any viruses that operate on the Windows Mobile OS 5.0 platform. It's theoretically possible according to this article (http://www.windowsfordevices.com/news/NS2655476603.html) but nothing is actually out there yet.

For ALL operating systems, it's possible to write a virus. Even the Sidekick. Please don't think that Microsoft is the only OS that had problems IN THE PAST.

Back