new phonak HA

lovezebras

Reaction score
So i was looking on phonaks website and saw on the main page new product info..there is a new HA called the Audeo...what does everyone think of the design??
If you need the link ...Phonak - Product News

So i was looking on phonaks website and saw on the main page new product info..there is a new HA called the Audeo...what does everyone think of the design??

A weird looking hearing aid lol... sweden makes good hearing aids... I've always wore phonak .. thanks for the info.. I don't think I have the guts to wear these but you never know smile..

I quite like the design and the range of colours is good, also. I wonder if they are trying to make them look like those bluetooth thingies?

I quite like the design and the range of colours is good, also. I wonder if they are trying to make them look like those bluetooth thingies?

never thought of that!!! good question lol... smart idea...

if it can let me love my music clearly I would go for it!!! i hate the shut off when the sounds gets too loud on my digital hearing aids acckk!!!

R2D2....

"Bluetooth thingies"....a good way of saying it! LOL They do look somewhat different but interesting though! :)

I love Phonak! I could never get a hearing aid from another company, I've always been happy with Phonak. It's an interesting looking hearing aid.

I have Phonak and I think they're really good. I have the Savia Art 311 dsz. It's the middle end of hte Savia Art line the Savia Art 411 is the most powerful one. For me it's really good the programs are pretty useful in it(the phone program, speech and noise program that you can use for like a loud resteraunt, and the music program). Phonak has a good reputation. A major part of the Audeo is the design. If you like that then go with it but I feel with hearing aids it's always trial and error.

Those look uber-cool!!!! Makes me wish that they had such sleek, streamlined HA's back when I still wore them, sometimes I felt like my old beige Oticon bte was the size of a brick!

I've heard lots of good things about Phonak. In fact, two of my friends wear Phonak HAs and love them.

I've always worn Oticon BTEs, but if I still wore HAs, Phonak would be my next choice. :)

I can't see the pictures on the Phonak website, but if they do look like a Bluetooth headset, I think the design sounds pretty cool. :)

they launched a website just for the audeo ha and its actually really small! They even will send u the casing to show you what it looks like..

Phonak Audeo's

I have Phonak Mini-Valeos and they are excellent. The Audeo is only slightly bigger and still very discrete. But why hide them? Be proud (or at least, don't be ashamed) of being deaf. Mine are charcoal with black moulds and I'm a guy! You girls can always (and ususally do) wear your hair long. Us guys can, but it's not very cool.

my bte is going to be black with a clear mold..idc if ppl see my ha...it wud be better that way so they know i am hoh!

my bte is going to be black with a clear mold..idc if ppl see my ha...it wud be better that way so they know i am hoh!

That's a good attitude to have! :) The more easily people see your HAs, in most cases the easier communication will be.

When I still wore HAs, I always wore my hair in a ponytail so people could see my aids.

I wish colored HAs and earmolds would have been around when I first starting wearing them over 20 years ago. (My parents had to constantly nag me to wear my aids. LOL!)

Now I have CIs and my processors are black. I had the choice between black, beige (no thank you -- ugh!), gray and brown.

I look forward to reading about your experiences with your new HAs! :)

My processors are black too - you can match black with anything. I agree with the statements about not hiding it away, deafness is not something to be ashamed of.

Audeo IX vs. V

In case anyone is interested, the Audeo IX has Savia Art technology, while the Audeo V has Valeo technology.

Bluetooth

Hi... does anyone know where I can find a website that I can order for HA user? I wear Phonak BTE HA and I would like to find a bluetooth that's kind of wireless but not wear on your ear or behind the ear with HA. I hope I'm not confusing anyone..
Thanks,
Lauria

Hi... does anyone know where I can find a website that I can order for HA user? I wear Phonak BTE HA and I would like to find a bluetooth that's kind of wireless but not wear on your ear or behind the ear with HA. I hope I'm not confusing anyone..
Thanks,
Lauria

I'd highly recommend the Phonak Smartlink FM receiver. I used it with a Sonovation hearing aid so I wasn't able to use all the features. With a Phonak hearing aid it will allow you to switch modes, and volume like a remote control. Also it can pair with a bluetooth phone. (the reciever connects to the phone via bluetooth and to the hearing aid via FM, you need to wear the transmitter around your neck or have it nearby because the microphone is in the transmitter not the earpice like a bluetooth headset for hearing people.)

You'd need an FM boot, unless your BTE already has FM ability, for more information go to phonak's website. I think you have to talk to your audiologist if you want to buy something like that though.

There are also bluetooth boots, but I don't know much about them.

I just got the smartlink and i LOVEEEE it...its awesome...I used the bluetooth with my phone and it was awesome...very clear voice and reception b/w the fm and ha..it was great. I can also turn up my ha or turn it down and change programs with the smartlink..and its light and nice! I live in canada and the cost of the smartlink with all the accessories, like wire to attach to diff things like tv, comp, etc, and the charger and the 2 diff cords for the range of the fm ...(not incl the boot that attaches to ha) was 2700 but my school paid for mine:) and i get to keep it! You can also change the mode on the fm like there are 3 diff modes for listening depending on the amount of noise there is...very handy!!!
I would totally reccommend it..you have to order thru ur audi tho i think, and for sure go to the website!

I just got the smartlink and i LOVEEEE it...its awesome...I used the bluetooth with my phone and it was awesome...very clear voice and reception b/w the fm and ha..it was great. I can also turn up my ha or turn it down and change programs with the smartlink..and its light and nice! I live in canada and the cost of the smartlink with all the accessories, like wire to attach to diff things like tv, comp, etc, and the charger and the 2 diff cords for the range of the fm ...(not incl the boot that attaches to ha) was 2700 but my school paid for mine:) and i get to keep it! You can also change the mode on the fm like there are 3 diff modes for listening depending on the amount of noise there is...very handy!!!
I would totally reccommend it..you have to order thru ur audi tho i think, and for sure go to the website!

Great! So glad the smartlink and the bluetooth is working well for you. :)

thats so weird that many people loves phonak cuz i had one small thingy i dont know name of design when i was moderately hoh and i HATED it but i wore them for 3 years cuz i had no choice that time (insurance being dumb) then lost all of my hearing so it became quiet staticky noise so i stopped wearing them. hmm interesting

Back