bebhinn

Reaction score
Hi new member here...I am a hearing person who is engaged to deaf person and just looking to get some questions answered and stuff like that and any advice from deaf people as to what to expect. I'm learning sign as quick as I can but there is still things I am learning and would like some advice. Thanks!:wave:

Hi

Hi new member here...I am a hearing person who is engaged to deaf person and just looking to get some questions answered and stuff like that and any advice from deaf people as to what to expect. I'm learning sign as quick as I can but there is still things I am learning and would like some advice. Thanks!:wave:

Why you were asking for question about engaged ?? who are you ? Thank you :)

Hi and :welcome: to AD! My deaf friend just recently got engaged to a hearing guy who is new to the Deaf world and sign language.

Hi and :welcome: to AD! My deaf friend just recently got engaged to a hearing guy who is new to the Deaf world and sign language.

Maybe it's your friends fiance! The Deaf world is very small. :wave:

:welcome:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Congratulation on getting engaged to an hearing fiance. Living together being deaf and hearing is not that easy but if you can make the relationship work, then go for it. I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

I have been HOH for years and newly totally deaf. I have been married to a perfect hearing guy for 16 years. Total communication and a strong faith in each other has been what's kept us going. That doesn't mean we don't have our issues and they seems to be a little more frequent now, but soon he will be going back to work and we will be back on to our usual roles. He has been a treasure and has been very supportive.

:wave: behbinn, well, I am new hoh but married for 12 years guy who happens to be deaf <with small 'd'> who I met in college. He has been very supportive of me and I of him. We use a few "home" signs with each other because he is shy of using ASL. I am re-learning much ASL through Deaf friend. I think you will find many open-minded folks here. I think as in any relationship, patience and creativity are important -

Back