New Member Looking for Support

Welcome!!

I'm learning a thing or 2 about CF reading this thread. Thank for sharing.

:welcome:

What kind of motorcycle did you ride? If you think it affected your hearing it must have been a HD. ;)

I'm a senior in high school in Houston, and my brother is in the Corps at TAMU! (Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2016) When did you graduate? I am still considering all my options for college, but I recently got my acceptance letter to A&M!

I'm a senior in high school in Houston, and my brother is in the Corps at TAMU! (Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2016) When did you graduate? I am still considering all my options for college, but I recently got my acceptance letter to A&M!

Congrats! Don't forget about Gally, NTID and CSUN as options......Wish I knew if there was a large population of dhh at a Texas school....keep your mind and options open to everything!

Congrats! Don't forget about Gally, NTID and CSUN as options......Wish I knew if there was a large population of dhh at a Texas school....keep your mind and options open to everything!

I'm looking to stay in Texas for my undergraduate studies!

Welcome!!

I'm learning a thing or 2 about CF reading this thread. Thank for sharing.

No problem!

:welcome:

What kind of motorcycle did you ride? If you think it affected your hearing it must have been a HD. ;)

I have had 4 motorcycles. My first was a '99 YZF 600r, then a '99 R6, '01 F4i, and a 2011 883 Iron. The Iron had short shots on it and was loud, but I always wore ear protection when I rode it. I started wearing ear protection with the '01 F4i.

I graduated May 2013. I love A&M! It's an amazing University for sure. My only gripe was that I wish there were more to do around the city. I have always wanted to live in Ariziona though, and that may have played a little into me not being 100 percent on College Station.

I'm late deafened myself. I had fairly even hearing loss as a kid, then blammo, I lost a huge chunk. It went back to slowly worsening and then I got clobbered with another huge loss. Despite having hearing loss my entire life, losing those big chunks took a lot to get used to. Feel free to private message me if you'd like to talk one on one about how I managed to cope or if you have any questions specifically for me. I also have three other major health conditions that just pile on the crap some days, so I have a small idea of how you feel to have CF and hearing loss.

Good luck.... However, losing hearing isn't a huge deal. You can still function just like everyone else except... You can't hear! :D From what I understand of friends who had late loss, it took some effort but they get along fine. I would definitely be more worried about the CF. Deafness won't kill you, it's like a speed bump worse case scenario. :shock:

Back