NEW limited poll on sexually explicit avatars & signatures

Should sexually explicit material (pics/words) be permitted in avatars/signatures?

• No, such material should stay in the PENISARIUM only

Votes: 32 54.2%
  • Yes, my right to free speech is more important than offending others

Votes: 27 45.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have a pretty vague and liberal definition of "sexually explicit" --

It seems to me that this discussion is a matter of semantics and hot tempers really more than anything else.

I think that is kind of odd of way to say that.... Freedom is our right and do whatever we want to do unless if Moderator say so then we will do obey that but so far not! Soooo that kind of ironic to me tho....

I agree, Endy; esp with the "liberal". The hot tempers is a given...lol.

I personally feel that if we all took the time and thought "what would my mother think of this" or "would I want my son/daughter/niece/nephew looking at this" before posting in open forum and especially in an avatar or signature which is posted each time a post is made, it might help determine what is appropriate and what is not. As for the definition of "sexually explicit", I earlier posted the definition from wikipedia. I don't see this as having anything to do with semantics or hot tempers. I see this as being a matter of courtesy and respect, something that some of us here are lacking in.

i think Endy's avatar is insanely sexually explicit. i mean...look at it, oh it just burns the eyes...all the sexual explicity

Eve said:
I personally feel that if we all took the time and thought "what would my mother think of this" or "would I want my son/daughter/niece/nephew looking at this" before posting in open forum and especially in an avatar or signature which is posted each time a post is made, it might help determine what is appropriate and what is not. As for the definition of "sexually explicit", I earlier posted the definition from wikipedia. I don't see this as having anything to do with semantics or hot tempers. I see this as being a matter of courtesy and respect, something that some of us here are lacking in.

lol, my mother's dead so i dont know how she would feel about it.

Unless if I am wrong but still to me they are not too bad at all!! I guess!! Oh well I am just an old fashion! LOL but still nothing has to do with being an old fashion! haha oh well....

Mookie said:
Alex meant that he and the Mods will create the Polls. Not by you, Eve.

Let Alex will create the professional polls for AD, NOT EVE...

Exactly! That is what I mean by that! Only MOds do that not us!

it's not like anyone is saying that we can't post this stuff, just that we should be careful about where we post it

Eve said:

I don't post on this forum when other members of my family are in the room. Why? Because some of the things even outside of the Penisarium would embarrass me if my family saw it. Never mind that we're all adults (which we are)--I just know it would be embarrassing.

Rose Immortal said:
I don't post on this forum when other members of my family are in the room. Why? Because some of the things even outside of the Penisarium would embarrass me if my family saw it. Never mind that we're all adults (which we are)--I just know it would be embarrassing.

Know thyself.

I apolgozie to saying that, Eve. I think its a little immature of you to being like that way. I think it suppose to be Alex's, RoadRunner's, Vampy's jobs to doing that, not you. If they want to say something then why not they come up in here and talk abt it so we can see what their opinions is, etc like that. Just us, I dont understand why you need to bring it up. I already SAW THREE THREADS same shit of title that you been post already. Its enough to post the threads SAME TITLE since you already posted THREE TIMES. :roll: It will be my last post in here and I will let you guys handle, I just wanted you to see how I feel, Eve. I apologize to said that, but its fact how I felt abt that thread. Thanks. Bye

Beowulf said:
Know thyself.

I'm not entirely sure where you're going with that remark in light of what I said. I was talking about my family, not me.

Eve said:
... "would I want my son/daughter/niece/nephew looking at this" before posting in open forum ...
Sadly, that doesn't always work; there are some posters who have very "liberal" ideas of what is acceptable for children to see.

And there is Homeland Security, who would take from you without you even saying what they took.
Strong post follows.

Eve said:
"would I want my son/daughter/niece/nephew looking at this" before posting in open forum

I know EVERYBODY in here have common sense, you dont have to tell us because you arent our mother. We are old enough to know. I apolgize again. I know everybody can make sure NO ONE(their kids) to looking at their computers same like they will do that when their kids are going to School OR sleeping, then they can do that whatever they want.

My opinion. I knew everybody do have common sense, same like you have it, Eve.

Sweetheart said:
I know EVERYBODY in here have common sense, you dont have to tell us because you arent our mother. We are old enough to know. I apolgize again. I know everybody can make sure NO ONE(their kids) to looking at their computers same like they will do that when their kids are going to School OR sleeping, then they can do that whatever they want.

My opinion. I knew everybody do have common sense, same like you have it, Eve.
:gpost:

I am a parent and I don't allow my little girl to go on the internet without my supervision.
I have my computer desk turned around so she would not be able to see what is on my computer.

Reba said:
Sadly, that doesn't always work; there are some posters who have very "liberal" ideas of what is acceptable for children to see.

That's your opinion, but don't speak for some of us here....

ButterflyGirl said:
:gpost:

I am a parent and I don't allow my little girl to go on the internet without my supervision.
I have my computer desk turned around so she would not be able to see what is on my computer.

Hey Eve, see what ButterflyGirl said? She is a parent and know what to do with her own daughter. Then, shush!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back