new kid on the block!

ASLstudent

Reaction score
hi everybody! i'm a 22 y/o female living in baltimore maryland. i'm a deaf studies major at towson university. i'm in ASL I! i'm looking forward to getting into the deaf community in my area, and would love it if anyone has any information on deaf events, activities or meetings. i'm looking forward to talking to everyone! :party:

Welcome to Alldeaf! If i may ask, what made u decided to pick deaf studies? If u dont mind me askin that.

well, i took basic sign language last semester just for fun, and over the course of the semester, i picked up the signs really quick. i just fell in love with the closeness of the culture and the history of it all. also, in elementary school, one of my classmate's father was deaf, so at all the functions, he had an interpreter. i was always in awe of the notion of an unspoken language. i plan to be an interpreter. i'm really excited about it, actually!

Welcome ASLStudent to AD! I hope you find this site an entertaining and educational place! Learn something new everyday! ;) :thumb:

DeafSCUBA98 said:
Why are you god?

this quote scares me cuz of sniper last year in washington d.c. area he left a note "I am God"
:rofl: now thats funny shit

aslstudent..welcome.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
Why are you god?

this quote scares me cuz of sniper last year in washington d.c. area he left a note "I am God"

Or was that reversed spelling for "DOG" ?

Welcome to AD, ASLstudent. Hope you enjoy your stay! :)

In case you didn't know, there's a Deaf Exposition going on in Baltimore, Maryland on November 23, hosted by the American Deaf Exposition.

For more information regarding the upcoming Deaf event, go to www.marylanddeafexposition.com

thanks alot Alex, i'll definitely check that expo out. i just went to the maryland renaissance festival in anne arundel county this saturday. it was deaf awareness weekend. if anyone lives in the area, i reccomend that they go. it was alot of fun, and quite interesting. all around, a good experience!

Gasp! Kevbo, Don't give that bad example to ASLStudent. That is SEE language. You should say "Me God" instead of "I am God".

wizard said:
Gasp! Kevbo, Don't give that bad example to ASLStudent. That is SEE language. You should say "Me God" instead of "I am God".
NTIG

SEE > ASL

wizard said:

kevbo probably is saying "I not God" instead of "I am God"..... :twisted: therefore he is still using ASL!

Back