new-ish here

cool scary guy

Reaction score
I've been on here a week or two just now getting around to an intro.

well , I could hear . Then a Nova 700 blow up in my hand. Now my hearing is going fast. and, I'm trying to use whats left of my hearing to learn ASL asap.

also , I couldn't find a Rosetta Stone type program for ASL so I'm making one.

well , I could hear . Then a Nova 700 blow up in my hand. Now my hearing is going fast. and, I'm trying to use whats left of my hearing to learn ASL asap.

WOW...newish? laughing..Sorry..to hear about your accident...but glad you are here..Everyone is so nice...Is there a community college near you that offers ASL??? I went to bed 7 yrs ago normal ..woke up stone deaf can;t even hear my own voice. so I know you are frantic to learn as much as possible asap...I wish you the very best..I was never really able to learn ASL well..smile ..I still speak perfectly and lip read well so..I get by. Peace to you

Hello. Now don't make this a double post! Off to look up Nova700. Sounds like a Harry Potter broom.

You can go deaf from a paintball gun??? Wow. I had a friend once who went deaf when he was standing on a tank that blew up.....

. whole back of the gun exploded.
the gun ran off 80-90 psi the reg went out , ended up with 900 pounds in a chamber made to hold 100 pounds. they found parts of it in the wall . I couldn't use my left arm for a month , and had a ringing in my ears for 3 or 4 months.

btw, the reg that went out was Made by Mike Wood. ( same guy that back in the 80s told NASA that the valve on the shuttle would hold and the o rings were fine.)

. whole back of the gun exploded.
the gun ran off 80-90 psi the reg went out , ended up with 900 pounds in a chamber made to hold 100 pounds. they found parts of it in the wall . I couldn't use my left arm for a month , and had a ringing in my ears for 3 or 4 months.

btw, the reg that went out was Made by Mike Wood. ( same guy that back in the 80s told NASA that the valve on the shuttle would hold and the o rings were fine.)

:lol: Wow!

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Very interesting story about the paintball gun that make you become deaf. Wow. Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

I have one question, still like blasting off paintball guns? Serious question, not meant rude, or sarcastic I just love the sport!

I have one question, still like blasting off paintball guns? Serious question, not meant rude, or sarcastic I just love the sport!

I never liked paintball to start with, I've always been more of an airsoft guy I was in the R&D unit of of a medical company. They just sold paintball on the side. because they are made on the same machines as capsules.

Gotcha, well welcome, hope I did not offend. I am LD myself, started 2years ago and is going rapidly now.

Back