New HOH Member

PaulaJC

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Paula. I am HOH. I wear hearing aids and use SEE when I sign. I am mostly around hearing but I love to read deaf experiences. I am so glad I found this forum! I am married to a wonderful deaf hubby, a mom to 2 girls and I live in Ohio.

I am a Christian, I love to read and learn, I love cats (I have 3 of them!). I hope to someday have horses. I want to raise them and have a mini farm.

Thank you!

interesting viewpoint

Hi, I enjoyed reading your perspective on yourself and your experiences. I, too, live in Ohio. I am also Hard-Of-Hearing. I spend most of my time around Hearing people who don't use Sign, but I sometimes use PSE and voice together, even around people who don't know Sign. I can use ASL (and some gesture if needed) around (more fully) Deaf people. I know Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour. I am so glad for SIGN (any kind), especially since it helped me understand a lot of things MUCH more clearly in my Christian walk. I was feeling kind of "alone" and "down," but reading your post cheered me up.

:wave: :ty:

Welcome to AD...:wave:...

Another Christain...very few of us (I'm a Christain too)....

Hope to see you around...:)

Back