New Here

WalksWithNature

Reaction score
Hi AD Family,
My name is David, I’m 56. I have been lurking here for about 2 weeks now; this seems like a wonderful site. I guess you could say that I am HoH. I have been slowly losing my hearing for about 12 years now. The audiologist said that I have lost 85% of my hearing now in both ears. I am interested in learning ASL, but haven’t been able to find any resources in my area. No Deaf community around here. The local college stopped teaching ASL a few years ago, so I guess I am on my own (books and the internet). I have gotten some good information from this site already. Some really nice and helpful people here.
David :wave:

Hi and :welcome: to AD!

My friend lives in NC and she said Raleigh has a small Deaf community but she also said that another city in NC has a huge deaf community. I forgot the name of the city.

My ex-wife is in Tryon and when I would go visit her family up there, a small group of deaf where in Ashville. This was years ago but maybe they are still there. Try the web....aslsocial.com...and look for the nearest city to you.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back