New here, looking to make friends :D

tigerlily11489

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here and was hoping to meet some people with some common interests that I could get to know. :)

I'm 26 years old, I work in the shipping department of a start up company, I'm going to school for nursing. :)

I'm also really awful at listing my interests apparently, lol. Well, I hope you say hi. Have a great day! :D

Are you Deaf, HOH, or Hearing

Sent from my LG-H631 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Welcome! I am sure your ASL will be appreciated in your nursing career. Do you have soneone to sign with on a regular basis?

Michael

Michael,

I'm very hopeful that it will be appreciated in my nursing career. Unfortunately I don't have someone to sign with regularly and as a result have noticed I'm not as fluent as I used to be. I try to practice when I can, but it's difficult. I think the most practice I end up getting in is when a song I really enjoy is on the radio, I end up signing it while I dance around lol. It isn't much but I suppose it's better than nothing at all.

Thanks for the response! :)

I'm hearing also and I haven't been as fluent either. I end up looking up the signs I forgot.Your signing will be much needed in your career. There aren't a lot of nurses that know asl. Good luck!

You're best bet is try and find a deaf club in you're local community.
I'm sure the will welcome you .
Good luck

Back