New here, hello!

SpaceGlitter

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Bridget. I'm HoH.

I've probably been HoH my whole life or at least most of it but I didn't know until I was in the 7th grade and had one of those beep tests at school. Which I failed. I ignored it for a long time, and now It's gotten bad enough that I can't ignore. I had to quit my last job because I cant use the phone and take people's orders easily. So far I've had zero involvement with the Deaf community but I decided I should give it a shot. I'm learning ASL, I went for a hearing test recently, and I'm seeing a new audiologist and hopefully getting hearing aids next month. Right now I have some hearing loss in my left ear & severe hearing loss in my right. My family are all hearing. I don't want my disability to be a bad thing, or hold me back. I wanna be proud! That's why I'm here, to take a step towards the Deaf community!

Hi! I'm Bridget. I'm HoH.

I've probably been HoH my whole life or at least most of it but I didn't know until I was in the 7th grade and had one of those beep tests at school. Which I failed. I ignored it for a long time, and now It's gotten bad enough that I can't ignore. I had to quit my last job because I cant use the phone and take people's orders easily. So far I've had zero involvement with the Deaf community but I decided I should give it a shot. I'm learning ASL, I went for a hearing test recently, and I'm seeing a new audiologist and hopefully getting hearing aids next month. Right now I have some hearing loss in my left ear & severe hearing loss in my right. My family are all hearing. I don't want my disability to be a bad thing, or hold me back. I wanna be proud! That's why I'm here, to take a step towards the Deaf community!
WELCOME!

Hello! It is nice to hear a similar story, I did not know I was HoH until a couple years ago and started wearing hearing aids at that time. I have been trying to learn sign the last few years and am now taking ASL classes at a nearby school. Let me know if you want to talk or practice any ASL.

Back