New Here,from Ontario

AngieR

Reaction score
Hi,
My name is Angie and I am nearly 22 yrs of age.
I am hard of hearing, deaf in one ear and 15% loss in the other.
I've recently found out that I have a chance of going completely deaf.
My hearing gets lower and lower as the yrs go by.
It is finally nice to be able to talk to people who'll understand how I feel.
The reason I finally came here is I finally went to our Hearing Society here and asked for help to find a job.
Job finding is hard,as soon as they find out your hard of hearing a brick wall goes up and u can bet you never get the job.
When I walked in there it was like walking into home. At first I was scared because I finally had to face the fear that I could go deaf. I had it in my head if I didn't think of it,it wouldn't happened. But walking into the Society it hit me that it could, and after being there for a bit I realised it wasn't as scary as it seemed, and that it wasn't a death sentence.
I know now that I was totally clueless at the reality of deafness, that I thought it was something more sinister then it was. After being at the Society I realised how wrong I was. I am still scared, but not of being deaf. The only thing I am scared of is the silence(not being able to communicate with hearing people in my life) and lack of respect from people. But I know that if I am confident in myself then others will soon feel the same.
If they don't then they are the ones losing in not knowing me.
Well I've rambled long enough so I'll go now.
Once again I can't wait to talk to people who'll finally understand what I go through and how I feel.
>>ANGIE<<

Welcome to AllDeaf, hope ya will enjoy reading and posting. :)

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf AngieR! Hope you'll find interesting and informative posts and that your stay will be a pleasant experience too! :)

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
I am sure I'll enjoy my stay here.
>>ANGIE<<

Back