New Hearing dude from Texas

lucasbuffalo

Reaction score
Hello there, I'm Luke. I'm a 21 year old dude from Texas. I've just started getting into ASL as my mother, who is deaf in one ear, is beginning to lose her hearing in her 2nd ear. I'm taking ASL in college in order to help teach her as well so that if her hearing ever does leave we can use it to communicate. I hope that everyone here will be cool and put up with me, hope to meet some cool people.

WOW! Thats so sweet of you! I am 19 years old, Deaf--feel free to message me anytime :)

oh and Welcome to ALL DEAF and good luck!

:welcome: Did your mother agree to learn ASL?

Yes. She really doesn't want to think about losing her hearing, but she knows it is gradually happening. She not only agreed to learn ASL but volunteered to watch all my homework videos and work through them with me.

Thanks for volunteering to be bugged by me :P.
I'm Luke and it's nice to meet you.
If you use a camera or anything like that to sign let me know as I'd always love a chance to practice my ASL.

Yes. She really doesn't want to think about losing her hearing, but she knows it is gradually happening. She not only agreed to learn ASL but volunteered to watch all my homework videos and work through them with me.

You did not say which city you are living but all the big cities have socials regularly and you can get information off of

www.***********texas.com

If you are in or near Houston go to

ASL Social
or
www.houston***********.com

Get involved and I'm sure you will find the deaf of Texas the most accommodating group to help you and your Mom learn.

WELCOME TO ALLDEAF!

fill thoses lines of dots, both of them, with ***********

After social put .net

Are you trying to say you are in Buffalo, Tx.?

If so, you are one lucky dude! You can go up to Dallas, down to Houston or over to Austin....tons of helpful deaf within driving range for you and Mom.

No, actually I'm from Corpus Christi. The "Buffalo" in my name was a fat joke from my older brother when I was about 10 that just sort of stuck as my online name for everything. :)

Corpus Christi has a large group of deaf, check out the deaf club and attend one of their socials. Do take Mom because there are many older deaf who would be happy to help her with ASL

Back