New hearing aids

Dave J.

Reaction score
Hi I went to my audiologist last week to get new hearind aids. He told me the best ones for me are Phonak Certena aids. I will be getting them on Jan. 21st. I am getting them with the iCom so I will have bluetooth adaptability. Does anyone else know about these hearing aids. I currently use Oticon Tego Pro and have had them for the last 4 years. They work fairly good but not in noisy situations.

the phonak certenas are a part of phonak's new chip line so they are probably good but i would think u would have been prescribed versatas if u had tegos seeing as they are more equal i wud think. the certena is the "entry line" while the versata is the mid range ha and the exelia is the highest quality and then there is the naida but that targets a diff group of ppl.

New Aids

I was probably given the cheaper ones because they are paid for by Veterans Affairs and they don't cover that much. I'm just glad they cover these ones.

Ook...well they will still probably work really well seeing as they are brand new technology. I have the versatas and i love them so far!

I've had very good success with the Certena's. Don't expect them to blow the doors off the Tego Pros in noise, you will always have difficulty in noise (even with a high end hearing aid).

Phonak has come up big with making BT capabilities available in every hearing aid on the CORE platform. Other manufacturers it is only available in their mid or high end aids.

Awesome, I'm about to get my Phonak Certanas this week as well. They just came in and I have to make an appointment to pick them up.

How are they working for you so far? How much did the iCom module cost if you don't mind my asking?

I have had my new Certena P aids for about a month now and they are working really well. I just went back yesterday for an adjusment so I think I am set up good now. I also got the Icom and it works really well with my blackberry. I can hear the conversation really clear, for Soundheim I was told the Icom was around $300 canadian.

I have had my new Certena P aids for about a month now and they are working really well. I just went back yesterday for an adjusment so I think I am set up good now. I also got the Icom and it works really well with my blackberry. I can hear the conversation really clear, for Soundheim I was told the Icom was around $300 canadian.

I am glad to hear that.

I have been on the phonak website and I already have all of the info that they show. I got instruction sheets and manuals with my hearing aids.

Oticon Hit Pros

I just got two new Oticon Hit Pros & so far they are excellent!!

I was probably given the cheaper ones because they are paid for by Veterans Affairs and they don't cover that much. I'm just glad they cover these ones.

That is awful that the Veterans Affairs does not buy you the best HA on the market! You risk your life for your country and should be taken care by the government!

Back