New hearing aids

ardchoille42

Reaction score
I picked up my new Phonak Naida Q50 UP hearing aids two weeks ago. I spent two hours in a programming and Q&A session with my audiologist. I can actually hear my own voice now. I know I should give these aids an honest trial, but it's so tempting to take them off - I had forgotten how noisy the world can be.

Attachments

• new-hearing-aids.jpg
    new-hearing-aids.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 27
Good to hear you can hear at least your own voice. I am very tempered by the new Naida Qs.

I know what you mean , I turn my HA down when I go grocery shopping b/c it can get too noisy in the store when someone come on the loud speaker .

good to see that your honest trial went well by hearing your own voice (I'm going in on Tuesday to find out if I actually meet the needs for Naida!)

good to see that your honest trial went well by hearing your own voice (I'm going in on Tuesday to find out if I actually meet the needs for Naida!)

I hope you qualify! These HA's are nice.. and smaller than the Phonak aids I was using 16 years ago. The batteries last for two weeks, whereas my previous Phonaks went through batteries every three days.

The only thng I miss is an on/off switch. You have to open the battery compartment to turn off the new Phonaks.

You could get a ComPilot and mute them with a 3 second push.

Mute is added as a program on the Naidas...but doesn't take up any of your program slots, it is an extra that you can have it wanted.

You could get a ComPilot and mute them with a 3 second push.

If only I could afford a Compilot, I would love to have one.

Mute is added as a program on the Naidas...but doesn't take up any of your program slots, it is an extra that you can have it wanted.

Thank you. I'll talk to my audiologist about this next week.

I used my mute program today. The wind was so bad where I was walking that the "wind" program wasn't helping, so I just muted the HAs till I reached a less windy area.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Due a search on Craigslist, I have seen people selling them on there before for a lot less money than an audiologist charges. Good luck!

Due a search on Craigslist, I have seen people selling them on there before for a lot less money than an audiologist charges. Good luck!

Hey, nice suggestion! However, the search for my area turned up nothing. Searching for "Phonak" turned up nothing as well.

Last edited:
Try search tempest and put in 4,000 mile radius and see what comes up. I bought a Oticon Streamer, TV& telephone adapter through a seller in PA and only paid $160 for all three. You don't come across deals like that all the time but if you are persistent you will be successful. Happy hunting!

Try search tempest and put in 4,000 mile radius and see what comes up. I bought a Oticon Streamer, TV& telephone adapter through a seller in PA and only paid $160 for all three. You don't come across deals like that all the time but if you are persistent you will be successful. Happy hunting!

Whoa! I didn't know about that site. I found some goodies!

You have been most helpful, thank you :)

I hope you qualify! These HA's are nice.. and smaller than the Phonak aids I was using 16 years ago. The batteries last for two weeks, whereas my previous Phonaks went through batteries every three days.

The only thng I miss is an on/off switch. You have to open the battery compartment to turn off the new Phonaks.

LOL hope so! cause my hearing is somehow a pain in the butt!!!!!!!!! (I have the on and off switch on my 1st and 2nd hearing aid)

I think you can even get the compilot on eBay or Amazon for less than what an audiologist would charge too.

I think you can even get the compilot on eBay or Amazon for less than what an audiologist would charge too.

Ebay, another avenue I hadn't thought about. Thank you! Thus far I haven't been able to find a Compilot for under $250, but I'll keep looking.

Ebay, another avenue I hadn't thought about. Thank you! Thus far I haven't been able to find a Compilot for under $250, but I'll keep looking.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Phonak-ComPilot/dp/B00BGS2XRI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1399930822&sr=8-3&keywords=phonak+compilot]Amazon.com: Phonak ComPilot: Health & Personal Care[/ame]

$9 more than you want to spend...

Back