new hearing aids possibly and more

I don't remember if you need a remote control, or you will be able to control the mic direction with only the aids??

um I think u can use the aids or the mic to do this but i already have a mypilot that i got with my versatas last year

Lucky you!! They are $450 USD for me if I get them, but I think it's too bulky to carry around. They have smaller versions, but I think it's for other types of Phonaks.

It's actually not that big at all it's about the size of my palm actually smaller than my blackberry curve..i don't use it often but mine came with my versatas and i didn't pay extra for it ..if i need to use it more for the naidas tho i guess i will...

I didn't care for the mypilot when I used it when trying out the Naida. I preferred the older remote that I had gotten for the Phonak Clarko a few years ago (and also used with the Supero). Just... slow and awkward.. I don't like to keep pushing the same button on a remote just to get to the right programming... I'd rather push 1 button for THAT particular programming and be switched to it immediately. but eh, after 3 months I just gave everything back and went back to the Supero.

But seriously, good luck with the Naidas! Hopefully they don't give you as much trouble as they have for some of us here.

Siemens Nitro update

Someone else I talk to at times was working on getting the Seimens Nitro
Siemens Hearing Instruments - Power of Nitro

Hi there! I've got an appt to obtain the Siemens on Jan. 5th. When I get the aid (one aid) and the TEK, I will post an update. I've not been posting anything as of late since I have nothing to add. As soon as I do, I will post more info. re the Siemens Nitro.
By the way, HI LEO!:wave:

mines just up and downish straight across..i'd post it but other ppls audiograms have been posted somewhere else and i don't want that happening to me cuz im not a fan of the person doing it...lol i am excited for the duophone feature as that wud be really good for me

Yay! another up and down straight across!!! I haven't posted my auidogram anywhere either.. don't like the idea of ppl having access whenever they want! I'm from Toronto, so i feel your pain with ADP and their stupid $500 and ear! :mad:
Anyway, i have Naidas, V SP i believe, but I just got them so when i go for a followup on the 11th I'm going to talk to him about upgrading. My issue currently is that a) i would like duophone and zoomcontrol and b) my batteries arent even lasting a week. Since my loss is progressive anyway, i'm wondering if i should just go UP now with 675s as the batteries will last much longer. I also got the new Smartlink while I was at it since my ANCIENT PhonicEar Easy Listener is waaayyyy out of date and cr*ping out on me (and I can't survive University without it!)
I noticed your profile bar says Ottawa! What area are you from? (just curious, i have some family up there!) If you don't want to post it publicly you are welcome to private message me! I would certainly love to hear from another canadian with a flat loss and your experiences! Like, do you have a cell? I've been looking to get one but my only option seems to be buying an unlocked sidekick from ebay.. which im a little weary about..
anyway, look at me blabbering on!
let us know how everything goes with the Naidas and CI appnt.
Oh.. i almost forgot... as for Naida vs Sumo.. I've tried the Sumo.. i like the Naidas better... WAY more features!
ok.. need to stop blabbering!
Take care!
*EQL*

lol wow my friend Jenny is from Toronto too and she wheres naidas as well. I don't mind I am from the nepean area :)
Ya ADP is stupid but my audi is writing to them for early replacement lol.
I have a smartlink and it's a love hate relationship lol..love it for some things and hate it for others...others being when it dies or I have to listen to a teacher that I don't wanna listen to lol
I have a blackberry and don't use the phone as much anymore cuz it's so hard to hear but since pretty much all my friends have bbm it's free to msg them with a data plan and the rest i text of fb msg them lol and p.s. you can't private message til you've reached 50 posts
I can't wait to try the duophone etc :) I hope they approve the aids tho that would be great! Cuz my audi is going for the top of the line naidas for me so we have more listening options for me since my loss is progressive as well

lol wow my friend Jenny is from Toronto too and she wheres naidas as well. I don't mind I am from the nepean area :)
Ya ADP is stupid but my audi is writing to them for early replacement lol.
I have a smartlink and it's a love hate relationship lol..love it for some things and hate it for others...others being when it dies or I have to listen to a teacher that I don't wanna listen to lol
I have a blackberry and don't use the phone as much anymore cuz it's so hard to hear but since pretty much all my friends have bbm it's free to msg them with a data plan and the rest i text of fb msg them lol and p.s. you can't private message til you've reached 50 posts
I can't wait to try the duophone etc :) I hope they approve the aids tho that would be great! Cuz my audi is going for the top of the line naidas for me so we have more listening options for me since my loss is progressive as well

you cant even PM me!?! thats rather silly. I don't want to do nonsense posts because ppl will hate me for it.. so i guess we'll just have to wait. I have cousins in the nepean area. Anyway, when do you know if you'll get your naidas? Also, i noticed in your pic that your earmolds are skeleton (i think).. do you get a lot of feedback/whistling with it? I used to have those (in bright red :D) but i was getting so much feedback my friends were constantly poking me and pointing to their ear (our discreet way of saying 'you are whistling').. it was getting annoying. Now i have soft earmold with only a TINY little vent.. but best of all.. they GLOW-IN-THE-DARK!!!! I'm super excited! My Naidas are the transparent Red with Black FM adapters (wish it came in red but doesnt :(). I have yet to try my smartlink in Uni classes. My old one was a mic with a box the prof wore on the belt. How do you find the neck-worn smartlink? My main concern with it will be that all the controls are on the prof throught the lecture.. at least with my old one they only had the on/off switch, i could control the volume from my end. I have visions on them screwing things up.. I don't mind asking them to wear it, but i HATE interupting if something goes wrong with it (like if they turn it off and forget to turn it back on).. so im very nervous about this one.. but ive heard lots of good things, so we'll see.
I'm not a fan of the size of blackberry keys.. SO TINY! the sidekick is much bigger.. i just wish i could find someone in canada who uses it so that i know if it'll work well or not. Ideally i want one that I can VCO with (text of their voice shows up on my phone and I can speak to them). Have yet to find one that people on this forum have confirmed does what i want.. maybe it isnt even invented yet :S
Anyway, off to lunch then groceries! if you are interested in having a more private convo with another canadian, i can post my email for you, and once you have it i'll edit my post and take it down.
thanks
*EQL*

You can add me to msn I know alotof posters here so I don't mind lol I'll just pit it in diff format so spammers can't copy it so here it is lil_italia89 at hotmail .com

you cant even PM me!?! thats rather silly. I don't want to do nonsense posts because ppl will hate me for it.. so i guess we'll just have to wait. I have cousins in the nepean area. Anyway, when do you know if you'll get your naidas? Also, i noticed in your pic that your earmolds are skeleton (i think).. do you get a lot of feedback/whistling with it? I used to have those (in bright red :D) but i was getting so much feedback my friends were constantly poking me and pointing to their ear (our discreet way of saying 'you are whistling').. it was getting annoying. Now i have soft earmold with only a TINY little vent.. but best of all.. they GLOW-IN-THE-DARK!!!! I'm super excited! My Naidas are the transparent Red with Black FM adapters (wish it came in red but doesnt :(). I have yet to try my smartlink in Uni classes. My old one was a mic with a box the prof wore on the belt. How do you find the neck-worn smartlink? My main concern with it will be that all the controls are on the prof throught the lecture.. at least with my old one they only had the on/off switch, i could control the volume from my end. I have visions on them screwing things up.. I don't mind asking them to wear it, but i HATE interupting if something goes wrong with it (like if they turn it off and forget to turn it back on).. so im very nervous about this one.. but ive heard lots of good things, so we'll see.
I'm not a fan of the size of blackberry keys.. SO TINY! the sidekick is much bigger.. i just wish i could find someone in canada who uses it so that i know if it'll work well or not. Ideally i want one that I can VCO with (text of their voice shows up on my phone and I can speak to them). Have yet to find one that people on this forum have confirmed does what i want.. maybe it isnt even invented yet :S
Anyway, off to lunch then groceries! if you are interested in having a more private convo with another canadian, i can post my email for you, and once you have it i'll edit my post and take it down.
thanks
*EQL*

i'm from toronto too! hey - you sparked my interest with the university comment...which university? i go to UofT!

i'm from toronto too! hey - you sparked my interest with the university comment...which university? i go to UofT!

I live in Pickering, but go to school at Brock. Read your blog, would love to meet up some time (though my ASL will suck in comparison, sorry! hope you are patient!) did you want my msn?
*EQL*

msn:
<email removed>
there ya go, hope that makes sense... stupid spambots!
*EQL*

Last edited:
hey so i have an appt to discuss CI just to have my options open ya know:) The appt for that is on March 15th:) in the am so obvs that's a bit far away but not too far so ya:) and I am getting the naida IX's for sure just dunno when exactly

Back