new hearing aids possibly and more

lovezebras

Reaction score
So, I have an ENT appt tomorrow and since my hearing went down again my audi wants me to for sure see him etc. I hate the ENT...i think it's a waste of time and money for me to go and pay for parking to be told my ears look fine. So, me ENT tomorrow then another AUDI appt this week sometime to recheck my hearing again and see about new hearing aids which are prolly going to be Naidas. I also want to know all my options etc so I also am having a CI appt in january or february not sure yet as they will call me back after the christmas break. If I woke up one morning and was suddenly profoundly deaf I don't know ASL so i'd be a little shit outta luck...So, CI is the plan B if that happens if not it's hearing aids all the way:) Anyways that's my update

Yeah it is a big update. Congrats Alicia and keep us posted! :cool2:

BTW, are you able to find another ENT where you don't have to pay for parking? I've never had to pay for parking to see my lifetime ENT.

My ENT works very closely with my CI office the only reason why I have to pay is cuz It's downtown...sometimes i can get a drive there so I dont have to park but tomorrow i have to drive myself

Good Luck Alicia and keep us posted. One of the reasons I went for a CI was that I was also concerned about what I would do If my hearing went from severe to profound in my better ear. The ear that was implanted was already in the profound range with bad tinnitus. I also feel one of the reasons I have done well with the implant is that I had a short period of time with severe to profound hearing loss. If you decide to be brave and join the the Sisterhood of the Purple Naidas let us know how they work for you.

hehe if i get the naidas I want the zebra ones:P hahaha and Grace i wouldn't laugh cuz u know who (cough cough YOU) will be woken up on my way there....SUCKERRR lol

and thanks guys...i feel that if i did get a CI I would do really well since i've been hearing for more of my life then deaf so I know what everything is spose to sound like already :)

So ENT said nothing new and it was again a complete waste of my time...I do however need new hearing aids as mine are maxed out so we are looking into the naidas :)

Naidas are the spawn of the devil. Only created to frustrate users to the point of going full on culturally Deaf or CI. They are the last stop for those on the way to that decision. Naidas blow. :p

Pardon my pessimism...good luck with your Naidas!

Good luck! Keep it post to see what is going on. If Naida screw you up and then get CI.. Please don't show up your audiograms here because of one guy obsessive like I said in my new thread.

I love Zebra!!!! I wish I would get a black and pink one. LoL

Could you not get SUMO's if you did not want to go with the Naida's? I wonder why the majority on here have Naida's and not SUMO's? Is Naida's better than SUMO?

I believe the Naida is supposed to be better than the Sumo DM but I am not positive. Not to mention all I've had was phonak and so the sound of phonak is what I am used to and I don't want to switch companies...

I believe the Naida is supposed to be better than the Sumo DM but I am not positive. Not to mention all I've had was phonak and so the sound of phonak is what I am used to and I don't want to switch companies...

Good luck with the Naida route, Alicia!! The newest version is the Naida IX. (something I wished I had....currently with Naida V UP)

Someone else I talk to at times was working on getting the Seimens Nitro
Siemens Hearing Instruments - Power of Nitro

I do not know your current hearing loss, but the Phonak Naidas, I believe, are still one of the most powerful aids out there. Good luck again!!

I hit almost 90 dB loss at some frequencies and I believe I am getting the newest IX versions or at least this is what my audi is telling me at least! So new earmolds and new hearing aids:) woot! both zebra too btw:p

I hit almost 90 dB loss at some frequencies and I believe I am getting the newest IX versions or at least this is what my audi is telling me at least! So new earmolds and new hearing aids:) woot! both zebra too btw:p

that's the beginning of my loss....I start at 90 and end around 120, ski slope style

mines just up and downish straight across..i'd post it but other ppls audiograms have been posted somewhere else and i don't want that happening to me cuz im not a fan of the person doing it...lol i am excited for the duophone feature as that wud be really good for me

mines just up and downish straight across..i'd post it but other ppls audiograms have been posted somewhere else and i don't want that happening to me cuz im not a fan of the person doing it...lol i am excited for the duophone feature as that wud be really good for me

You're making me jealous, LOL....

I've always been a stickler for technology!!

lol and zoom control sounds incredible...so i can focus on a sound or speech to the right of me in the car but have the sound be transmitted to both hearing aids :) and so am i asked about the naidas and new nios but in the end she said Naidas and suggested the IX's

Back