New Hearing Aid Tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breezy

Reaction score
I get my new hearing aid for my right ear tomorrow!!! I'm getting a Unitron Unison and i'm really psyched! I'll be able to hear out of both ears!! I never have! I already wear SensoDiva in my left and it helps me immensely...i'm so psyched! Lol! WOOO HOOO!!!

Aw that's GREAT!!!....Let me know how it works once you get them, I might give myself a try on those pair of hearing aids myself ;)

YAY I GOT THEM!!!! lol. It's amazing!! Yeah it feels weird having one in my right coz i'm only used to having one in my left, but i can hear things!!!! I played the piano today (i'm classically trained) and for the first time in eons i didn't have to pound the keys to hear it!!!!!

Breezy said:
YAY I GOT THEM!!!! lol. It's amazing!! Yeah it feels weird having one in my right coz i'm only used to having one in my left, but i can hear things!!!! I played the piano today (i'm classically trained) and for the first time in eons i didn't have to pound the keys to hear it!!!!!

Thats wonderful, Bree!

That is so cool. I'm really glad they're working so well for you. I'm a Deaf classically-trained musician as well - so I can see why this must mean a lot :)

That's great Breezy!! I'm glad it's going really well for you as we can see how excited you are! :)

Congrats Bree!

I can play piano too, but not classical (prefer pop or rock)

Congrats, Bree!! I'm new here, but looove congratulating people. :D

I'm getting new ones myself, but much to my dismay, going back to the bte's (2 of them), but don't recall the brand. I hope they're hidden, because I'm going to be working on television...

but much to my dismay, going back to the bte's (2 of them), but don't recall the brand. I hope they're hidden, because I'm going to be working on television...
Awwww......BTEs aren't THAT noticable. The manufactors make it seem like BTEs are up there with body worn aids or earhorns in terms of visabality...They really aren't.......

deafdyke said:
Awwww......BTEs aren't THAT noticable. The manufactors make it seem like BTEs are up there with body worn aids or earhorns in terms of visabality...They really aren't.......

I'll take your word for it, but remember, I'm going to be working in a career that has me in front of the camera as a journalist, so the least distractions the better.

pek1 said:
I'll take your word for it, but remember, I'm going to be working in a career that has me in front of the camera as a journalist, so the least distractions the better.

Actually, as self conscious as we can get about them at times, it could be great publicity for HOH ppl out there, show them that, yeah so what, you wear HA's and YOU'RE on TV: it never stopped you from doing anything.

Congratulations! :) I also got a new digital hearing aid for my left...Siemens Prisma. Boy, was I unaccustomed to hearing anything out of that ear until getting my aid 2 days ago! I hadn't worn a hearing aid in nearly 7 years! It was because I was living overseas and couldn't afford purchasing a new one until I moved back to the States some months ago.

Breezy said:
Actually, as self conscious as we can get about them at times, it could be great publicity for HOH ppl out there, show them that, yeah so what, you wear HA's and YOU'RE on TV: it never stopped you from doing anything.

Breezy,

If you were here where I'm at right now, I'd stand up and give you a great big hug for that comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ty: :ty: :ty: :cheers: :kiss:

You made my day!!

By the way, I start speech therepy this week to clear up the remaining problems in it. If you heard me speak, you wouldn't notice it, most people would not, but I know there's a slight problem, so am having it cleared up.

In addition, regarding the glasses issue...I actually do wear them, too! As of this fall, I wear "no-lines" too (bi-focals).

Back