New Guy

DeafGuyBS

Reaction score
My name is Brian, but my nickname is Bri. My sign name is B-S (first and last initials) on the edge of the mouth as if you were going to sign "talk" with one hand.

I am a college student at a public university in West Virginia. I use TypeWell transcription for my classes and hope to maybe do a summer semester at Gallaudet to improve my ASL skills and enhance my studies (Social Work major with hopes to become a Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing advocate) and get to know more about the Deaf Culture/Community.

I lost my hearing at three years old when I had Bacterial Meningitis. I couldn't walk or talk, but do both of those fine now. However, my left ear became completely deaf within the past few years and my right ear has very little hearing but I can hear and communicate by speech, lip-reading, and sign language (more PSE, but hope to learn more ASL).

Hope to get to know you all and learn more about Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing Culture/Community.

Hey!! Welcome to AD!! I hope you decide to stick around, it is a great forum/ support board

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

Back